PDA

View Full Version : LED tail light resistor?

cgreen
10-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Just chopped my tail and in process of fitting a motrax foxtail light and a set of kellerman tinycators.
have been testing out the foxtail and the braking light is fine, lights up fully and bright but the running lights are a bit odd, it only lights 2 led's fully and the rest are running dimmed.
I cant help thinking its because of the lower resistance of the leds, has anyone else fitted a foxtail and experienced this and if so what ohm resistor (or other fix) got it working properly?
Cheers :rolleyes:

Albie
10-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Hi.
Im running a motrax tail lite and my mate bob is too. No problems at all except a connection vibrated loose and had to be resoldered. I take it its not wrongly wired ie tail to stop circuit and stop to tail ??

Lost Again
11-07-2005, 11:59 AM
was just about to put something up about those foxtail lights. Had mine on less than a year and all was great to start with, apart from having to resolder the earth when it fell off the board. But now the tail light's stopped working completely and about half the LED's on the left hand side have stopped working on the brake light. Think I'm gonna have to take it apart again.

Anybody else had any problems with these?

cgreen
11-07-2005, 05:37 PM
wiring is right, have checked it different ways round and brake line is definately connected to the brake light circuit and running lights to running lights circuit.
on braking it lights up all leds full brightness but on running lights the middle 2 to the right are bright but the rest are dim, doesnt look right at all, maybe time to call motrax.

A Yerbury
11-07-2005, 05:45 PM
I bought an led in France as the standards would shake themselves to smithereens (great word) it works fine although the connections need to be tight and clean otherwise it works not very fine.

Alex.