PDA

View Full Version : dark add ons

fordy
09-07-2005, 08:12 PM
anyone got a dark one?
if yes, whats the best for dark fairings/ body xtras.

mines 3 yrs old, thinking of new shiny bike or give the old lady a boob job.

dlloyduk
09-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Mines got Renthal bars and twin streetfighter headlights, soon to be single with carbon fibre fairing and front fender and a pair of Carbon cans. Oh and I chopped the tail off last weekend cost for that was about £3.40 from B&Q and £12.45 for a smaller plate. Hope that gives some idea,s if not look around and see what ya fancy. :confused:

fordy
09-07-2005, 10:37 PM
B & Q - what for? a saw?
Smaler plate would be nice. where d'ya get it?

dlloyduk
10-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Plate was from www.impactshowplates.co.uk found the address on here £9.95 inc P&P or a couple more cos I got a Ducati Performance logo on the bottom of the 8x6 plate, B&Q was for some aluminium to fold up some brackets- and came out quite well. I would have posted some pics etc. but my Canon Digi seems to be full of sand from a Jamaican beach-think its a lesson in not taking expensive electronic equipment when you're out on the P***!

lord vader
12-07-2005, 01:40 PM
I also feel the need for some inspiration or to inspire..
I'll show you mine if you show me yours........

I'm thinking Renthal Bars and Twin Lamps but not surewhat i can do with the instrument pack any ideas?

barnaby
12-07-2005, 04:25 PM
My Lord Vader, does that beautiful bellypan fit on a 600 monster as well?

lord vader
12-07-2005, 05:19 PM
But i'm sure some one on here will know...

fordy
12-07-2005, 07:05 PM
mines just the 'sold spec.' I want dark body parts. I want low exhaust system that sounds bigger and that i can fit easily...
I need some shop contacts and brochures/ prices.
how did u get yr turn lights sooo tucked in? you have a beautiful beast.
may the force be with you

crust
12-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Try polishing the Dark paint

Someone on here did it and it came out like a metalflake gloss black

looked good

do a bit under the tank or under the seat first

:) Crust

Chris
12-07-2005, 09:30 PM
I did it to my old tank. All it takes is some t-cut, a polishing wheel (or elbow grease) and a bit of time, give it a good coat of polish afterwards and there you have it, a gloss metalic dark. Adds a bit of sparkle.

Chris
12-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Now it's less dark though! :rolleyes:

JMo
12-07-2005, 09:35 PM
That bellypan is the 'Imola' style - will fit all Monsters (except S2R/S4R) - some need a bit of a trim around the front exhaust cutout, but it ought to fit straight on your 620... you can get them from Spareshack...

As for the instruments - Pitstop Paint have a paint finish that looks very much like chrome - maybe you could get the back of the clocks done like that?

xxx