PDA

View Full Version : Didges Suzuki R.I.P.................

Didge
08-07-2005, 06:09 PM
A mate and I picked up my Suzuki today. Look at the first photo of the frame damage, and wonder as I do, that I didn't lose my right leg. It's been torn open, probably by the cars front towing hook. Follow that line towards the bike's front and notice, lower cooling fins torn off, and front of frame is dented. Jeeeezus! I feel bloody lucky.
The only plus point was, the woman's car was also there. I took out a large portion of glass and metal from her front right hand side, and made it unroadworthy.

fatbloke
08-07-2005, 06:16 PM
bloody hell mate that looks nasty
get well soon you old git

Rabbit
08-07-2005, 06:48 PM
At least you're OK Didge, and yes I'd say you were lucky having seen the damage to frame / fins. Why do you have your mirror down there though?

Pedro
08-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Pah, it's just cosmetic, a bit of T Cut will sort it!! I've taxed worse............:lol:

Get well soon you old fart!

Ped

Plum
08-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Best thing for a bloody suzuki :D

Hope your mending well mate

Take care

L

Didge
08-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Pah, it's just cosmetic, a bit of T Cut will sort it!! I've taxed worse............:lol:

Get well soon you old fart!

Ped

Yes, but we all know that you'd ride ANY piece of old ****e, no matter what the condition.
I mean, look at your old Monster.

Didge
08-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Best thing for a bloody suzuki :D

Hope your mending well mate

Take care

L

I'm surprised that a Jerseyite, would know what a Suzuki was.

gary tompkins
10-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Like you say did the GS looks well sad. The frame looks like someones taken a tin opener to it, and it's lucky you exited the bike/car sandwich when you did, or you could have ended up in my club leg-wise :eek:

Hope the wrist sorts itself soon

Didge
11-07-2005, 06:45 AM
Like you say did the GS looks well sad. The frame looks like someones taken a tin opener to it, and it's lucky you exited the bike/car sandwich when you did, or you could have ended up in my club leg-wise :eek:

Hope the wrist sorts itself soon

Gary, I can recommend the GS500 purely on the basis of it's ejector seat mechanism. It obviously operates the moment contact is made, and I was probably already 10 foot in the air when most of the damage was done.
Unfortunately, the ejector system is let down by the fact that unlike a jet fighter, there is no parachute to make ones landing a bit easier, and one thus tends to hit the ground with a bit of a thump. Thus the wrist damage.
I am though, mulling over a few ideas that may improve the situation, and one of them includes the use of an anal retro- jet like thruster, based on the fact that when something like this happens, one tends to instantly produce a large amount of gas and flammable solids, (commonly known as shi*ting yourself).
Now if I could only work out a way of instantly igniting said gas and solids at the correct moment, without ones anus going into melt-down.................

gary tompkins
11-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Nice to see your humour and facination for all things rectal didn't take a dive the same time you did off the GS :lol:

Just to make you feel even more fortunate, here's a shot of a guy I met at the rally I worked at the weekend. NABD member Dave lost his arm just below the elbow in a prang about 18 years ago, but only got back on two wheels (with the help of NABD) in the last couple of years. The adapted M600 is Dave's 2nd bike since getting back on the road, and he loves it to bits, with his original return to bikes being aboard a GS500 ironically enough.

The monsters throttle has been swapped to the L/H bar along with some of the switchgear, and the front & rear brakes are all linked to the footpedal on a 70/30 split. His prostetic hook is connected via a break-away fitting, which snaps off in the event of a mishap, preventing him being dragged down the road by the bike.

I carded him at the rally, so with any luck there will be another UKMOCer with bits missing joining the fold before long ;)

Plum
11-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Gary, I can recommend the GS500 purely on the basis of it's ejector seat mechanism. It obviously operates the moment contact is made, and I was probably already 10 foot in the air when most of the damage was done.
Unfortunately, the ejector system is let down by the fact that unlike a jet fighter, there is no parachute to make ones landing a bit easier, and one thus tends to hit the ground with a bit of a thump. Thus the wrist damage.
I am though, mulling over a few ideas that may improve the situation, and one of them includes the use of an anal retro- jet like thruster, based on the fact that when something like this happens, one tends to instantly produce a large amount of gas and flammable solids, (commonly known as shi*ting yourself).
Now if I could only work out a way of instantly igniting said gas and solids at the correct moment, without ones anus going into melt-down.................

Nice to see you still have a sense of humor, Didge. I would be spitting bricks if it was me!