PDA

View Full Version : Devils Bridge.....tomorrow!

Tigerlily
08-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Who fancies meeting in Skipton and then riding up to Devils Bridge tomorrow?

We could meet at the pub in the middle of Skipton where we had lunch once (.....hopefully steviej will be along shortly to remind me what it was called!!) How does 12.00pm sound??

cheeky monkey
08-07-2005, 04:37 PM
yep :cool:

steviej
08-07-2005, 04:58 PM
..........hopefully steviej will be along shortly to remind me what it was called

Red Lion........................
..........and I'm on 8-8 :eek:

Banshee
08-07-2005, 05:23 PM
But im on 20th June - 20th September.

Hope that makes you feel better steve... ;)

Tigerlily
08-07-2005, 06:25 PM
..........and I'm on 8-8 :eek:

How's about the Farmers Arms on Tuesday night instead then stevie?

Tigerlily
08-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Right then.....

12:00pm at the Red Lion (ta steviej!) in Skipton :bunny:

So who else is coming?????

Wabbitkilla
08-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Go on then, I'll meet you there.

Running on a dodgy clutch slave cylinder, but it seems to be ok on country runs. Warning - Skipton high street is VERY busy on Saturdays, market & all. There's some "Clogfest" on tomorrow too (never heard of it before).

Parking will be a problem, and the Traffic Wardens love picking on bikes parked on the market! There is P&D next to the bus station for bikes - limited space (entrance opposite the pet shop on Keighley rd). If you bear left at the roundabout top of the high street, there's a pub on your right past the church which appears to be bike friendly, has space out front i've seen bikes in, the road is called "Mill Bridge" - take a look at this map;
http://www.skiptonweb.co.uk/flashmap/flashmap.htm

Ahhh, yes - "The Castle" pub;
http://www.skiptonweb.co.uk/gallery/picture2.asp?id=223
"A pub called the Castle - and it's next to Skipton Castle. What are the chances of that happening?"

Warning - there are roadworks on the way up to Devil's Bridge at Ingleton, long queues at the wekend, but bikes can usually filter through reasonably.

Brain re-engaged - you could head out of Skipton up to hawes (nice road in the main, and good bike friendly cafe's in Hawes, then there's a cracking road from there to Devil's Bridge, A684 to Sedberg then A683 to Kirby Lonsdale (DB)

Have fun

steviej
08-07-2005, 09:08 PM
How's about the Farmers Arms on Tuesday night instead then stevie?

I'm in Wigan Tuesday night.................. :rolleyes:

Tigerlily
09-07-2005, 09:00 AM
See you both in a couple of hours :D