PDA

View Full Version : My side Lights keep blowing

babeonaduke
08-07-2005, 02:12 PM
I need help. Anyone?
:eek:
Just had my bike serviced and the thining belts changed. Everything was going well as far as the bill was concerned.
THEN
I mentioned that I havn't had any side lights on my bike for a while.
Changed the bulbs no change. I have double chrome lights on my monster. Not the original ones. They examnined it further only to find out that my switch gear needs replacing.
I was told it was likely to be up to £150 for the part. I was wondering if there may be anything else I can do? Maybe a second hand one?
Anyone have ANY ideas.
Really would appreciate it.
Bev :bunny:

rich
08-07-2005, 02:22 PM
try ebay

they come on there all the time, simple to fit,

hold out till one comes allong !

£150 :eek:

rich

A Yerbury
08-07-2005, 03:46 PM
whats actually wrong with the switch gear? they can normally be repaired as they a simple mechanical things if a bit fiddley, actually scratch that as there may be a small board in there...I would take it apart for a look first.
Alex.

babeonaduke
08-07-2005, 04:34 PM
:rolleyes:
I am scanning e-bay just in case.
Thanks. I thought it was a bit much.
Alarm bells were ringing
:D

Albie
08-07-2005, 04:42 PM
I have side lights but have no headlamp flash for some reason. I would be very wary of them saying that without someone backing it up. You just need someone to check for current coming out of bulb holder when switched on.If not trace it back.
Andy :D

babeonaduke
08-07-2005, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=Albie]I have side lights but have no headlamp flash for some reason.

Hey Andy if we stuck the lights together everything would be fine. I have lots of flash & main beam & candle light as well. Lol.

:burnout:

A Yerbury
08-07-2005, 05:04 PM
I had this problem with a small screen with two lights, the side conector kept going, went for a standard headlamp in the end...much prettier than the peek a boo streefighteresque types. have a word with lost again, he has gone for the twin peepers look...he may have wiring tips.

Albie
08-07-2005, 05:36 PM
I think mine may be just a missed connection but not had inclination to sort it yet. I dont like flashing headlamps either as it can give wrong impression.I still have a year to go before its first MOT so no need. Has it not ever worked or do they just keep blowing ??

ps Yerbs I do like the single round too but shame when I bought it it didnt come with original as well. Got to admit mines great at speed and no wobble at 1**+ lamps are a little yellowy light though. May try some phillips blues.

pps yerbs The power rangers are no more :rolleyes: Have swapped for Black Dainese jacket. Phew. I can feel better now. :D

A Yerbury
08-07-2005, 05:38 PM
we are all mighty relieved!

Albie
08-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Fantastic :D Just delete all those old photos then eh!!! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

rich
09-07-2005, 07:57 PM
go here:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25632&item=7984905682&rd=1

Be quick !!

rich :)

babeonaduke
10-07-2005, 08:00 PM
:lol: Thanks for finding that for me Rich
Really appreciate it. I have put my bid in.
I get so bored trailing through the lists. Too many watches for my liking.
Bev :D

Lost Again
11-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Hey, as Mr. Yerbs pointed out I too have twin spots same as yours. Managed to melt my switch gear too. had no dipped beam for a while, then main died not long after. Found second hand stuff on ebay which sorted everything for a while but now me sidelights have packed up. Knackers. These lights will melt standard switch gear. Because they run 2 bulbs in parallel they draw too much current for the switches 2 cope with hence melt down after a while. The solution when you get your new switch gear is to stick a relay in and run a direct feed from the battery for the lights. TA DA! No more melted switches! Haven't actually done this myself yet but hey ho.

babeonaduke
11-07-2005, 04:43 PM
:lol:
Thanks Lost again. That is a great tip.
I am hoping to win a switch gear on e-bay. So I will do as you say. Cant go round on full beam all the time.
Cheers
Bev :D

rich
11-07-2005, 05:51 PM
hey

you looking?

out bid :eek:

rich

babeonaduke
11-07-2005, 06:07 PM
I am on auction raptor
hope it works
:D

babeonaduke
11-07-2005, 06:22 PM
:burnout:
Thanks for letting me know.
I am watching but I also put my bid in with auction raptor. Hope it works though....
Bev

babeonaduke
11-07-2005, 07:20 PM
I was outbid on auction raptor by I. 24 euro's
Not amused. The bidding was closed on that. Had no chance top change my bid.
Thanks anyway for your help.
:( Bev

rich
11-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Never mind ;)

better luck next time

rich