PDA

View Full Version : American Bison........

Didge
07-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I've been wanting to taste North American Bison steaks for years, and finally my local butcher has started to get it.
I can only describe it as a bit like beef, but it has it's own flavour, and is bloody delicious.
It's a lot less fatty than beef, and so it needs to be grilled / BBQ'd quite slowly so as to stop it getting burnt.
Highly recommended, after all, the plains indian tribes have lived off it for centuries.

bigredduke
07-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I've been waiting for this....................
Q. what's the difference btween a buffalo & a bison?...................

A. you can't wash your hands in a buffalo! :D

Didge
07-07-2005, 09:33 PM
GROANNNNNNN!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

claicerrig
07-07-2005, 09:49 PM
We had carriboo in Canada that was very nice too :D

Plum
07-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Im a fan of the old steak. When i follwed a veggie lifestyle for nearly 2 years (not a commited veggie, had my reasons and its a long story) the only thing i missed was a thick juicy steak still bleeding. I am pleased to tell you that i saw the light and started to eat meat again. However whilst i was in South Africa, i really wanted to try a Springbok steak. I had heard all about them and it was the one thing i was going to do. Then i made a big misteak (see what i did there) i went to a zoo and saw a Springbok runnning around quite happy.....and cute. I never ate one and dont think i ever will. I know we have to kill animals for meat (have you ever tried plastic meat otherwise known as Quorn?) but some are just acceptable whilst other are not.

I have considered becoming veggie again!

A Yerbury
07-07-2005, 10:15 PM
zebra and kudu are also very tasty (and not quite as cute)
Alex.

steviej
09-07-2005, 08:22 AM
Guinea Pigs.................

..............South American style more meat on a butchers apron :eek:

CraigMac
09-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Fast food from Indonesia, comes in a handy plastic container, just add boiling hot water, various flavours.....My fave is "Not Poodle"......very tasty!!

Regards