PDA

View Full Version : How many of you knew this?

Gil1696
07-07-2005, 02:55 PM
My poor running problems have been posted on the forum with many helpful and knowledgable tips.
However, I tried all sorts of things in response to the tips and stuff without success. Though they give me a good excuse to check over a lot of bits and pieces left untendered. I thank all for their help.

After trying:
Ignition switch, Kill switch, fuses, starter solenoid and ignition relays, carb air leaks, Jet cleaning,fuel system drainage and filter replacements.....still had probs.

The solution.......tighten a nut!!! Yep. a nut. It's the one on the clutch casing in the 3 o'clock position as you look at it. It has some kind of spade connector attached under the rubber sheath and is about 20-22mm. Possibly an oil sensor/pressure nut.

I discovered it when my right boot became oily after a 120 mile journey while the bike was still running dodgy. Saw the oil running down the casing from the oil sensor nut and hand tightened it. Hey presto!!

All running smoothly now.

Albie
07-07-2005, 03:04 PM
:D Glad to hear that your sorted. Where in Rochester are you and do you you not fancy coming on Kent rideouts.

Gil1696
07-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Would my machine look a bit tatty amongst the pristine loved things on the ride. Mine's a bit of a worker that rides all year round.

slob
07-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Would my machine look a bit tatty amongst the pristine loved things on the ride. Mine's a bit of a worker that rides all year round.
You obviously haven't met NTB's monster.

slob
07-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Just 'cos it's a bit rough round the edges doesn't mean it's not loved.

Albie
07-07-2005, 04:59 PM
No matter what it a Monnie and thats that.We are people who love the bike and what it is.Thats why I have it and can't let her go. Hmmm !!! :D :D

nik_the_brief
07-07-2005, 09:42 PM
You obviously haven't met NTB's monster.

Clearly not, mine's very manky but much loved... :D

Lost Again
08-07-2005, 12:02 PM
You obviously havn't met mine either. I think my bike could instill an immense amount of pride in just about any monster owner. Thats why I keep it see, to make others feel better!

steviej
08-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Very sad today

Is it the London thing Albs........................

..........I've only just noticed your 'Sig' today!!

Albie
08-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Is it the London thing Albs........................

..........I've only just noticed your 'Sig' today!!
Yes Stevie. Personal life is great thanks. :D :D