PDA

View Full Version : Zero Gravity screen

geecy1
05-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Touring screen by Zero Gravity 4 ins taller than standard and with flip,has anyone tried this?

gary tompkins
05-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Tried to get hold of one - even email the manufacturer in the USA several times. Got F*** all response, so in the end bought one of Spareshack Stu's taller screens for the standard fairing. Works a treat, keeping a lot more wind blast off your head and shoulders, and looks cool too IMO.

TLzebub
05-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Touring screen by Zero Gravity 4 ins taller than standard and with flip,has anyone tried this?

I bought a standard Zero gravity dark smoke screen abit priccey ! :eek: but it looks the part. UK supplier TTS performance engineering Tel: 01604 636363
TLzebub :twisted:

geecy1
05-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Thanks,that looks good i will give them a call

bod
05-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Got the same from Stu...Im 6"4 and the taller screen fitted staight onto the original nose cone on my 620 and it was dark smoked.
think it cost me about £30 inc postage.

gary tompkins
05-07-2005, 10:01 PM
I bought a standard Zero gravity dark smoke screen abit priccey ! :eek: but it looks the part. UK supplier TTS performance engineering Tel: 01604 636363

How much did the ZG screen cost, and have you any photos of it fitted to the monster?

TLzebub
06-07-2005, 07:14 AM
How much did the ZG screen cost, and have you any photos of it fitted to the monster?

sorry gary no photo ,don`t have receipt but twice the price of spareshack 50 +,the one i bought for my old tl 1000sv was twice the size and half the price :confused: same good quality but a different make.
ps. if i can workout how to reduce photo size i will post pic? :mad:

gary tompkins
06-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Email photo to me and I'll crop it to size & post it up if you like?

PM me for addy if required :)

geecy1
27-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Got my Zero Gravity screen, delivery in 4days from the states,looks the part and does give more protection as its 4ins taller. I will post photo soon.Also fitted Monsterack which is a removable short backrest that flips over and can then be used as a rack. Took my wife out the other day and having the rest on stopped my balls getting crushed into the tank and stopped me getting an earfull if i pulled away a bit quick,great if you take kids as pilion.

fluffy
28-07-2005, 01:17 PM
tell us more about this "monsterack"..google doesn't like it. Piccies..? website..? Cheers.

geecy1
29-07-2005, 08:10 AM
The Monsterack is a backrest which is similar to the old moto guzzi one, it has a small detatchable pad and is very well engineered.There are two lugs which are bolted in between the grab rail and frame,these stay on the bike and the backrest is easely fitted to these by an allen bolt either side.If you put the rest on upsidown without the pad the rest lies flat over the rear light so you can tie
a bag ect. to it. Cant fault it,Its made in San-Fran by a guy who is mad on monsters and made as a sideline in his factory that makes medical instruments.I can organise delivery if youre having trouble and will try to get pics on today. He also makes some very nice mirrors but i took mine off as vision was not as good as standard.If you need anymore info leave message.

Darry
29-07-2005, 08:57 AM
The Monsterack is a backrest which is similar to the old moto guzzi one, it has a small detatchable pad and is very well engineered.There are two lugs which are bolted in between the grab rail and frame,these stay on the bike and the backrest is easely fitted to these by an allen bolt either side.If you put the rest on upsidown without the pad the rest lies flat over the rear light so you can tie
a bag ect. to it. Cant fault it,Its made in San-Fran by a guy who is mad on monsters and made as a sideline in his factory that makes medical instruments.I can organise delivery if youre having trouble and will try to get pics on today. He also makes some very nice mirrors but i took mine off as vision was not as good as standard.If you need anymore info leave message.

Go here for more info http://www.monstrack.com/backrest.html. Seems a bit pricy though.

gary tompkins
29-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Looks like a well designed bit of kit - but $280!!! Jeepers that's a lot of dosh :eek:

Scotty
29-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Looks like a well designed bit of kit - but $280!!! Jeepers that's a lot of dosh :eek:

must be the medical grade steel eh :confused:

i guess you could comprare it to the ventura lugage thing
at $115 for the mount and $22 for the grab rail