PDA

View Full Version : Wye Valley Tuesday 5 July

JR
04-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Duncan and myself are going to thrash up the Wye Valley this evening (Tuesday 5 July) to join the DOC meet at the Wye Knot pub Symonds Yat.

Anyone interested in riding with us can meet Duncan at the Shell garage Downend on the Bristol ring road at 6.30, or meet up with myself at the Severn View Service Roundabout under the M48 at 7pm.

JR

Perryl
05-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Shame I can't get back from work in time. I must try and meet up with you for one of these runs. After all, there can't be that many Monster owners in Thornbury!

Duncan
06-07-2005, 08:02 AM
Shame I can't get back from work in time. I must try and meet up with you for one of these runs. After all, there can't be that many Monster owners in Thornbury!

Perry

You have one of the clubs keenest, most helpful and most pleasant members living about 400yards from your place in Thornbury. I am talking about JR who gets out nationwide to club events most weekends which is possibly the reason you dont see him in Thornbury.

You are slap bang in the middle of one of the clubs most active sections. Within 10 miles of you I can think of at least 15 Monster owners who regulalrly get out to events.

At Thrupp nr Stroud you have the Waggon and Horses that is owned by one of our club and is where we have meetings. Its adorned with bike memorabilia and even has a monster pub sign. Wednesday 13th July we will be riding out at about 7pm for a blast round the Cotswolds. If you cant make it in time we will be back about 8.30 for a few drinks and a natter.

At the Golden Heart in Winterbourne Down the DOCGB have monthly meets on the 1st Monday, thats only 15 minutes from you.

So its up to you Perry, theres plenty going on. We will all be pleased to see another local Monster and they are a friendly group.

JR
06-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Dunc thank you for your comments - my head wont fit my helmet now!

Well, we (dunc and Me) had a fine ride thru the Wye Valley up to Symonds Yat. Not a sign of rain! A nice chinwag with a couple of DOC members in the Wye Knot pub followed by a smooth ride home.

Perry if you intend riding up to the meeting next week send me a PM and I will give you my mobile number. I live at Copper Roofs Crossways Lane by the way.

JR