PDA

View Full Version : Live 8 Concert (and Didge)

Plum
04-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Had'nt seen a thread for this, so i have either missed it or no-one started it.

So did any of you watch it? What was the highlight for you? I sat in a local park which had a 44sq metre screen set up for the event. I nipped home for an hour to get some essential supplies (beer and wine) and went back around for the final acts. All i can say is wow to nearly all of it, but for me it was going to be one band and that was Pink Floyd. I have waited a very long time for this reunion and i will never forget it. Although i wasnt there at Hyde park, the screening in the park was was as good as it was going to get, and i was happy with that. As the evening went on, the beer flowed and it all got a bit more emotional. Even my eyes filled up just a little at the Pink Floyd set. I came home on top of the world with what i had just seen, then read about Didges off (how is he by the way?) which kinda crashed my night. Its never nice to hear about anyone having an off, but when its your own and more so someone like Didge you cant help feel a little upset about. Have a speedy recovery Didge!! You never now, the bump may have sorted your gas problem!!

steviej
05-07-2005, 06:23 PM
I switched on around 6.30pm and watched awhile then decided I'd watch the BBC3 7pm re-run just in case I'd missed Floyd. Thankfully I didn't. They came on stage at 4.15am (BBC3 time zone). It was worth it just to see the occasional grin from Gilmour as he looked over to Mason and Mr Waters obviously enjoyed it too. Wrighty 'ardly got a look in..........................

.....................I doubt a tour is in the offering but you never know ;)

bod
05-07-2005, 08:13 PM
The Floyd must tour now, missed them in my earlier years...Need to see them live before they hang up their slippers :)

Rabbit
05-07-2005, 10:31 PM
I doubt a tour is in the offering but you never know ;)

Although there are no plans to tour, they are ruling nothing out.

I'll be in the queue with you for tickets if they do though ;)

steviej
06-07-2005, 12:16 PM
I'll be in the queue with you for tickets if they do though ;)

Yep, but you'll be in the queue BEHIND me!!!!!! :D ;)

SAMMYE
06-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Handfull of super Rich popstars asking for an end to world poverty whilst they have a combined wealth of £2 Billion?????

Your having a laugh aint ya!!!! F*cking condescending w*nkers

Plum
06-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Rich popstars asking for an end to world poverty whilst they have a combined wealth of £2 Billion?????

Your having a laugh aint ya!!!! F*cking condescending w*nkers

Hmmmm. Disagree a little with that comment. Baring in mind that sales of Pink Floyds album Echos has increased by over 1300%, Dave Guilmor has said that he will be giving his share of the sales back to charity. Yuo have to remember that Live8 wasnt about making money, it was about raising awareness. Mind you, most of the artists who perfomed have all seen an increase in album sales. I wonder how many of them will follow Dave Guilmor's example?

L

A Yerbury
06-07-2005, 01:12 PM
did anyone else notice the abundance of hmv/virgin etc cd ads between the live 8 broadcasts? "make poverty history:REM albums mid-price"..........

SAMMYE
06-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Hmmmm. Disagree a little with that comment. Baring in mind that sales of Pink Floyds album Echos has increased by over 1300%, Dave Guilmor has said that he will be giving his share of the sales back to charity. Yuo have to remember that Live8 wasnt about making money, it was about raising awareness. Mind you, most of the artists who perfomed have all seen an increase in album sales. I wonder how many of them will follow Dave Guilmor's example?

L

Yeah did raise my awareness!! of how rich they are! and furthermore they are rich due to the wealth of their Countries who raped and pillaged Africa so in fact they are just as bad! Arent they?? Paul McCartney £800 odd million and people are starving!?!? does one man need £800 million??? One word springs to mind.............. hypocrites

In answer to the original question I didnt see Live8 I was in Wembley Conference centre watching sensible humans battering the cr*p out of one another at Cage rage 13!

p.s. I think Dave Guilmor actually said that he was giving his percentage of the increase he had seen since the live8 concert so in fact he is not giving anything extra

steviej
06-07-2005, 04:54 PM
..................sales of Pink Floyds album Echos has increased by over 1300%, Dave Gilmour has said that he will be giving his share of the sales back to charity. You have to remember that Live8 wasnt about making money, it was about raising awareness. Mind you, most of the artists who perfomed have all seen an increase in album sales. I wonder how many of them will follow Dave Guilmor's example?

L

p.s. I think Dave Gilmour actually said that he was giving his percentage of the increase he had seen since the live8 concert so in fact he is not giving anything extra

I reckon you've both said exactly the same thing...............

:confused:

SAMMYE
06-07-2005, 05:15 PM
I reckon you've both said exactly the same thing...............

:confused:

probably!! I dont take into account others opinions just shout my mouth off randomly :D

A Yerbury
06-07-2005, 05:16 PM
probably!! I dont take into account others opinions just shout my mouth off randomly :D

oi! thats my job.

steviej
06-07-2005, 06:51 PM

oi! thats my job.

Now now you two................. :D :D :D

spacemonkey
06-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Sammye, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is absolutely sick and tired of seeing multi millionaires telling ME to give MY money, of which i have nowhere near as much as them, to stop poverty. Well, when they have all given all their wealth away to feed the poor then I might listen to them, til then they can suck my puppy dog's willy.

norrie
07-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah Floyd were the highlight for me.
I can't see them touring again although.
Still at least I can see I seen them in 1994 in London. :D

Norrie.

Rabbit
08-07-2005, 06:33 PM
The Pink Floyd bit from Live 8 can be downloaded from here http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/ if anyone's interested. It's 629MB so will take a couple of hours on broadband.