PDA

View Full Version : Oh what a lovely weekend.

Paranoid Dave
03-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Well what a bloomin nice weekend that was, yesterday Nonnie and I ventured out with a new friend and her 748, and with the results of the wrist test being a resounding YEEEHAAAAAAH today the three of us joined forces with Benson to lord it up in suffolk.
Lovely lunch in orford, terrific twisties, teas at snape with a lovely slice of pink wobbly cake and home round the twisties once more.

I'd like to thank Nonnie's wrist for holding up. the greenfly for hurling themselves at me all the way home, the horses for leaving such interesting presents on the road, old people for pushing 45mph on the national speed limits, Magic (748) for not running off scared from us all - surely one day was enough, kylie for reminding me why I love my bike, snape maltings for the lycra clad scenery :lol:, Benson for providing me with the biggest laugh of the weekend with her 'how to become a birdwatchers friend' story and most of all I'd like to thank BBC weather for once again being WRONG as it stayed dry after all :D

Hope all got home safe and well, see you all again soon.

PD

:D :D :D

Nonnie
03-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Aye, it were a right laugh that. I can't believe we didn't scare Magic off either.
Benson, you behaved like a 7 year old with a motorcycle licence. Shame on you. But bloody good to see you again. Glad you made the trip. We found decent food and half a castle. Well done us.
I took some crappy piccies as usual. Now, I find I took the decent camera and the piccies are still crappy leading me to assume, it is, in fact, me. Hey ho. And now I find I can't upload them either!
Sent them to PD.....

Paranoid Dave
03-07-2005, 06:25 PM
.... who will do it on your behalf :D

You could have told me to do something with my hair, i look like a member of the brotherhood of man :eek:

A Yerbury
03-07-2005, 06:44 PM
some serious helmet hair woes there PD!

Paranoid Dave
03-07-2005, 06:49 PM
yes i know, i did not have a mirror in front of me or any kind person with me to point it out. :mad:

Still i could always dance my cares away, no worries for another day :lol:

Nonnie
03-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Well it's not as bad as my first ever UKMOC meet when I went to Box Hill. I got up so early and was a bit dozy and forgot to rub my face moisturiser in. Nobody bloody told me until I got to Box Hill and by that point, I'd stopped off twice, had breakfast and met a shed load of people.

benson
03-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Well I think I ought to change my forum name really - is that possible? :cool: If so it would definitaley be twitcher..... :lol: 7 years olds and bike licenses - now wouldn't that have been a laugh??? Maybe one day I will grow out of being whatever it is I am but until then then as Nonnie so rightly says - "hey ho" and "Hurrah" thrown in for good measure... :p

Magic was indeed a brave woman - but not as brave as her friend with the cross bar!!! :eek:
Good to meet another monsterer out in sunny suffolk...

Will look on the old webby doodah for a suitable stopping off place to stay watch out - here come the suffolksters go mad in norfolk weekend!!!

SO - the bank holiday weekend it is - I will PM moley to see if he's still up for it and Perry too (now where is Kevin? - oh that's right - he's my cat...) Meanwhile let's get that karting booked!!

Well done Nonnie for the wrist exercise - wish you well for the next physio session and a week on Wednesday it is for Great Bentley!!!

LOVELY to see you today and well done PD for that pink wobbly thing!!! (and of course the hair styling session!!!!!)

Take care out there chums,

Twitcher Benson... :burnout:

benson
03-07-2005, 07:06 PM
The location is just a peach Non - he he he

Nonnie
03-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Glad you got home OK Twitcher!

I seemed to miss the A12 completely.

benson
03-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Weird that isn't it? I went back to Orford and found a lovely road through Tunstall but no where near where I thought I would be!!! Hope the wrist feels OK - looking forward to a week on Wednesday too!!!
Thanks again for my fish n chips too!!!
xxx

Nonnie
03-07-2005, 07:17 PM
I did Tunstall too. I only picked up the A12 just outside Ipswich and then I had to get straight off it again. Very odd. Perhaps ye Gods took it away and replaced it with a nicer road! Rendlesham Forest was gorgeous.

Roll on Wednesday week and the twisty road to Great Bentley.

benson
03-07-2005, 07:23 PM
:burnout: Aha - we were both fooled then by the disappearance of the A12 in the Rendlesham Bermuda triangle! That forest looks lovely but I was pleased it was daylight!!!

Have posted a new thread about the bank holiday weekend - should be a giggle!!

Meanwhile off to clean fly encrusted bike and lid.....

Be good and have fun!!!