PDA

View Full Version : Big thumbs up for Dave Wood Racing

pete
28-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Had my bike serviced at Dave Wood Racing in Aylesbury today - very impressed. Great facilitys, friendly and helpful people, and great job at a very reasonable price....

I know where my bike will go for any work in the future. If Dave and/or Mark should get to read this thanks guys from a very satisfied customer !

Now I wonder if a certain prominent person in this club managed to eat all the doughnuts, he was certainly making major inroads into them ;)

Cheers,

Pete

fatbloke
28-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Had my bike serviced at Dave Wood Racing in Aylesbury today - very impressed. Great facilitys, friendly and helpful people, and great job at a very reasonable price....

I know where my bike will go for any work in the future. If Dave and/or Mark should get to read this thanks guys from a very satisfied customer !

Now I wonder if a certain prominent person in this club managed to eat all the doughnuts, he was certainly making major inroads into them ;)

Cheers,

Pete
I didn't eat them all but there wasn't many left when I went home!

peteS4
28-06-2005, 08:23 PM
must have liked you..... mine came back from a 6000 mile service with a few points i wasnt happy about..... 1 was the fact that after my rad was removed to do the front valves my rad fans weren't connected back together. had i taken it into london the next day on a real hot day i would have run the risk of major damage....... also my ever so slight leak from under my fuel tank that was soooo slight i couldnt find it in over a year came back dripping fuel once every 5 secs from bad handling. i know many fav about him but i for one will not be going back...........

fatbloke
28-06-2005, 08:27 PM
must have liked you..... mine came back from a 6000 mile service with a few points i wasnt happy about..... 1 was the fact that after my rad was removed to do the front valves my rad fans weren't connected back together. had i taken it into london the next day on a real hot day i would have run the risk of major damage....... also my ever so slight leak from under my fuel tank that was soooo slight i couldnt find it in over a year came back dripping fuel once every 5 secs from bad handling. i know many fav about him but i for one will not be going back...........
Dave will be gutted ...............NOT

bike26
28-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks for that Pete that's nice to hear, i'll make the tea next time and yes your right fatbloke did eat all the donuts :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

as for unhappy pete s4 yet again i can only appologise for failure to connect your radiator fan, that was my fault and was wrong. As for you entering with a leaking petrol tank and it leaking more once it had been disturbed...... NO **** Sherlock..... Knackered things tend to do that..... A new tank may be the answer.... as for not comming back you wont be missed

marchesini
28-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Fixing stuff without asking, working on my bike for 7 months without asking for a penny, listening to me change my mind on numerous occasions, working to midnight a couple of days running just so I could get to the Mallory Track Day aswell as taking it there for me, not trying to sell me stuff that I don't need (as if I need any help being sold stuff) and staying late to allow me to travel from my day job.

What can I say, a complete tosser - don't use him as he needs to work on my bike some more. In future, I'll book my bike into Ducati London South or Daytona two months in advance to get it serviced.

You have been warned

simon

fatbloke
29-06-2005, 07:17 AM
Thanks for that Pete that's nice to hear, i'll make the tea next time and yes your right fatbloke did eat all the donuts :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
You should'nt leave them where I can find them :D

bike26
29-06-2005, 07:18 AM
I do try to help where i can...... like today simon i'll be cutting some more bits of your bike in our quest to make your baby the dogs dangelies!!!! as for the tossing bit... do you think i should stop doing that as my eyesight seams to be getting worse.....

NattyBoy
29-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Yeah..I wont be using Dave Woods either...tosspot made me look like I was riding a feckin pushbike round mallory at the monster track day... :lol:

Nice avatar BTW Dave...is that a result of an off, or the wife kicking you up the arse...??!!!

Nat

bike26
29-06-2005, 08:09 AM
Sorry mate i just tought you were conserving fuel for the ride home!!! Ha! Ha!
Only joking you were going ok......unlike the fat bloke, man he's one mobile chicane... traffic lights is the only way round him....

peteS4
29-06-2005, 10:09 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NattyBoy
29-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Here we go again... :rolleyes:

Nat

peteS4
29-06-2005, 10:12 AM
no we dont nat... i'm man enough to keep it to myself... i said it, then took it back

CK & AK
29-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Oh :(

and I was just off getting the popcorn & pulling up a comfy chair too :lol:

peteS4
29-06-2005, 10:30 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie
29-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Dave Woods = top bloke!

Nice to see someone who can actually ride amazingly without having to tell the forum about it in every post.............................................. .
If i lived closer I'd be bringing both the ducati's to you - Do you do a collection service?

Or Would you be able todo a 12000 mile service in a day? If i came over?

I'll be needing it done in September time. On my 620 - 2 years old.

Cheers
Julie

fatbloke
29-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Dave Woods = top bloke!

Nice to see someone who can actually ride amazingly without having to tell the forum about it in every post.............................................. .
If i lived closer I'd be bringing both the ducati's to you - Do you do a collection service?

Or Would you be able todo a 12000 mile service in a day? If i came over?

I'll be needing it done in September time. On my 620 - 2 years old.

Cheers
Julie

book it in for a saturday Julie and I'll buy you dinner

CK & AK
29-06-2005, 12:59 PM
wot? :eek:

as well as lunch? :lol:

fatbloke
29-06-2005, 01:06 PM
wot? :eek:

as well as lunch? :lol:

good point maybe I meant lunch

Julie
29-06-2005, 01:18 PM

Wey-hey now thats an offer i can't refuse!!! will it be the same as the ducati dinner at silverstone? x

CK & AK
29-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Wey-hey now thats an offer i can't refuse!!! will it be the same as the ducati dinner at silverstone? x

as he is the 'Pres' no doubt it would be better Jooley :D

Phoenix
29-06-2005, 02:37 PM
I'll just add to the top geezer thread. And Fatbloke must have been there the day I went to pick up Max cos there were no donuts left that day either :mad:

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/popcorn.gif

fatbloke
29-06-2005, 03:25 PM
as he is the 'Pres' no doubt it would be better Jooley :D
it'll be just the same apart from the location, food and company won't be as good.

Ruth
29-06-2005, 03:27 PM

and me? You know I don't eat very much at all, I only have a tiny appetite. Honest.

fatbloke
29-06-2005, 05:51 PM
and me? You know I don't eat very much at all, I only have a tiny appetite. Honest.
It will be my pleasure

walkingpictures
29-06-2005, 06:45 PM

and I was just off getting the popcorn & pulling up a comfy chair too,oh,and the red wine and ciggies :lol:

:) :) :)

Fosse Foxfight
29-06-2005, 07:03 PM

and I was just off getting the popcorn & pulling up a comfy chair too :lol:
Hehe, you can share mine as well, you got sweet or salty?....I do mine with salt, chilli and black pepper. I'll pour the drinks too :D

CK & AK
29-06-2005, 07:56 PM
some toffee, some buttered please FFF :D

and WP - I've given up drinking (this week) and now am an 'outdoors smoker' only! :p

C :burnout:

Fosse Foxfight
29-06-2005, 08:21 PM
some toffee, some buttered please FFF :D

and WP - I've given up drinking (this week) and now am an 'outdoors smoker' only! :p

C :burnout:
If youve given up drinking, then you must have a good reason, so well done :D For me its 2 years on Jul 4th :o And smoking 1 year on the 11th July......if you really want to succeed with the smoking do the Allen Carr Easy Way....its almost miraculous.

Sean

CK & AK
29-06-2005, 08:47 PM
......if you really want to succeed with the smoking do the Allen Carr Easy Way....its almost miraculous.

Sean

totally de-railing the thread eh? ;) I read the Allen Carr book prob every 3 months - and only off any vino, cos of anti-biotics :D

back to the topic....... Dave Wood :burnout:

Fosse Foxfight
29-06-2005, 08:50 PM
totally de-railing the thread eh? ;) I read the Allen Carr book prob every 3 months - and only off any vino, cos of anti-biotics :D

back to the topic....... Dave Wood :burnout:
Nah dont mean read the book, I mean go and attend a day session. You'll leave an ex-smoker and you know what? Allen carr reckons that Dave Wood sux leik a vakume kleena :eek:

CK & AK
29-06-2005, 08:51 PM
sux wot? :D :D

:lol:

Fosse Foxfight
29-06-2005, 08:53 PM
sux wot? :D :D

:lol:
Well, certainly not the jam out the donuts...the gafferboss has scoffed em :o soz FB

gary tompkins
12-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Dave,

Thanks for servicing the monster twice over to get to the bottom of my starting problem. The 900 is running like a treat now thanks to the loan of FB's temperature sensor, and I'll give you a bell to find out what the replacement cost.

Missing the Gilera 180SP already, and busy hatching a plan to nobble the monster so I can wangle my next twist 'n' go fix. I'll make sure I have an "idiots guide to right foot gear changing" taped to my tank for the next time you take a test ride ;)

Oh the re-built clutch is a lot less rattly now too thanks :D

NattyBoy
13-07-2005, 07:16 AM
Those Gilera 180s are a right crack eh Gary !!!? Temp sensors are about £25 mate..

Nat

gary tompkins
13-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Sure are - goes like manure off a highly polished shovel around town. They quote a better 0-60 time than a Subaru Impreza (5 seconds) which I can vouch for having ridden it :twisted: Top fun, but things do get a bit hairy on M-ways at over 70mph, when the tiny wheels and basic suspension really kick in.

Hit a dead fox in the road on the way back up to DWR, after it appeared with f*** all warning from the arse end of a coach I was following. The scooter took off and felt like it lept about 2 foot in the air! - bit of a pampers moment :eek:

chris yeatman
19-06-2010, 10:09 PM
droped off my s4r for a dyno set up today, hope it all go's well.