PDA

View Full Version : Other Events You May be Interested In?

madhatter
28-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Saturday July 2nd - National Chopper Club "Diamond Day" Bike Show at the Ace Cafe. A staggering display of customised bikes and trikes by people who really understand how to make a bike "unique"! I defy anyone remotely interested in motorcycle engineering to go to this show and not be impressed with the individuals efforts. Free to get in and all the usual scoff and drink of the Ace Cafe. ;) I aim to be there around 1.30pm.

If you are really impressed, Sunday July 3rd - National Chopper Club - Hertfordshire Bike Show at Harpenden. Same basic theme, but will cost you around £3.00 to get in. I aim to be there around 1.30pm.

Saturday July 16th - Great Offley Bike Show (near Hitchin). A local club run event, but with the normal customised bikes, streetfighters, classics, trikes etc, a few stalls to buy goodies on, bar and bands.

Let me know if anyone want's more information.

STEVE.

madhatter
04-07-2005, 01:11 PM
I had a great weekend at the National Chopper Club "Diamond Day"......some of the customised choppers, lowriders and streetfighters that showed up from all the UK counties were unreal! :eek: Some of these guys must just live for their bikes and sleep in a shed eating Tescos value brand baked beans. On average the best bikes in show were around £30k - £40k.. :eek: ..I have photos but can't be bothered to shrink them down and then post them up again.

Anyone who thinks "shame I missed that", you may get another chance this Sunday 10th July.

Sunday 10th July - Sooty's Custom Bike Show - The King William PH on the A45 to Northampton, junction 15 of the M1.

Saturday July 16th - Great Offley Bike Show (near Hitchin). A local club run event, but with the normal customised bikes, streetfighters, classics, trikes etc, a few stalls to buy goodies on, bar and bands.

STEVE.[/QUOTE]

Chappers
04-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Sunday 10th July - Sooty's Custom Bike Show - The King William PH on the A45 to Northampton, junction 15 of the M1.

STEVE

Times, meeting points etc?

The Kevlar Kid
04-07-2005, 04:06 PM
I could be tempted by "Sooty's"

peteS4
04-07-2005, 04:31 PM
i'll go to sootys... but the king billy is a really rough biker pub........ not for the faint hearted...... :twisted:

Chappers
04-07-2005, 04:58 PM
I can't make it myself but just want some times and meet points to add to my weekly thread please.

madhatter
11-07-2005, 01:05 PM
.....Sunday 10th July - Sooty's Custom Bike Show - The King William PH on the A45 to Northampton, junction 15 of the M1.....
STEVE.
What a great sunny and hot day we all had at the King Billy Custom Bike Show! :cool: ...Nice to see all the regulars there...Chappers, Doc, Kevlar & Mags, Mr & Mrs Stormie...oh and Mrs MH! A nice display of customised motorbikes in the July sunshine and a great run there and back.

So...assuming that there are still some other people alive in Beds and they still own Monsters.. ;) ...how about meeting up at the Clophill Bike Meet tonight at 7:00pm and showing your face?? It looks like being a nice evening and it would be good to see more than just our usual Monsters there. :D

Those who fancy coming (Beds or Bucks) and have my mobile number, drop me a text and I'll see you there for 7:00pm.

MH.. :burnout:

Chappers
11-07-2005, 02:04 PM
how about meeting up at the Clophill Bike Meet tonight at 7:00pm and showing your face?? It looks like being a nice evening and it would be good to see more than just our usual Monsters there. :D
I can't make tonight as I'm working but PeteS4 might pop up in car (bike off road) if he gets back from work in good time.

What time does it start as I've gotta be at a BBQ in Stilton (nr. Peterboro') between 1-2pm and then I'm working at 6pm?