PDA

View Full Version : 2nd & 3rd July - P&H open weekend

JMo
27-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Just to say P&H (Ducati and multi-franchise dealer) in Crawley are having their open weekend (at long last, a year late...) this coming weekend - with loads of pukka raffle prizes, bike & tyre deals ( plus up to 20% off parts and accessories, up to 40% off clothing!), demo rides, MCN tottie, California Superbike School, Fashion show, Freestyle demos and a host of superbike racers: Chris Walker / Sean Emmett / Troy Corser / Nicky Haydon and Shakey Byrne all scheduled to appear... best of all for the UKMOC, there will be hot food and refreshments from the cafe next door - yea!

So, my suggestion is to meet there on the Saturday (giving us a better chance of spotting a few celebs, since they always seem more reticent to come out on a Sunday, and it also means people can do other things on the Sunday, such as the Ace Cafe/Barry Sheene run to Rugby of course) from 11am onwards, then perhaps head off to a pub for lunch a bit later - I know a nice one x

Hope to see you there!

JennyMo

xxx

Pedro
28-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Any of the Hampshire mob fancy a spin out on Saturday?

Andy S
28-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Hello guys I'm on for a morning run, I got to go help collect a car :mad: form Chichester at 2pm. But I've seen forecast, Saturday is the day to go for it :bunny:
the build up sounds good, can we have dounuts like that sunny Kent / Brighton lot did? :lol: I've seen there day trip snaps

I'm planing to get total new rubber for the old girl on Friday via Micheldever tyres, or does any one know of some where better ? cheaper?

You mentioned pub grub to! :lol: , now how can I get out of car chore..

Ta Andy S

JMo
28-06-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm planing to get total new rubber for the old girl on Friday via Micheldever tyres, or does any one know of some where better ? cheaper?

Well, P&H have got £20 off Pirelli and Metzelers (although the £20 deal should be available from most Pirelli suppliers as it's a manufacturer deal)... give them a call and maybe get them done while you're there even?

xxx

Andy S
29-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Many Thx for tyre info Jenny Mo :lol: , I'll give P&H a call and see what the deal is and chances of job - done on Saturday..why does getting new "rubber" and MCN tottie keep hanging on my mind :bunny: I hope it's a hot sweaty day.. :p

I like Metzelers, never felt totally at home on Pirelli, may be because I come from Bristol originally where it's wet and wonderfull. I think Pirelli lack a bit of wet grip?

I got Bridgestone 020's at moment, I like the big working temp range, I'll check what Metzeler equivalent is... :rolleyes:

roll on saturday this week is really dragging..oh my boss is back form her hol's, blah blah.. f'in Scottie Dragon :mad:

bye Andy S

JMo
29-06-2005, 09:47 PM
I like Metzelers, never felt totally at home on Pirelli, may be because I come from Bristol originally where it's wet and wonderfull. I think Pirelli lack a bit of wet grip?

Don't you worry about the Pirelli Diablos - they are great wet or dry, and in the damp/cold - really great all rounders, and good mileage too if you are not super heavy on the throttle...

xxx

Andy S
30-06-2005, 06:50 PM
I was going to ask want time to meet down there, but see you penned in 11am, So I'll get down then. :burnout:

Pedro you still up for this? Do we cross routes? I may go Billingshurst or Horsham way from Camberley, Guildford area does my head in. Plus to many cops and cameras. :eek:

I hope the weather does like they say. I got mainly rained on today :o . 6 mile cycle to work. = soggie socks 'in 'ollocks

I hope Shakey Byrne turns up and the Stalker, jolly good guy, meet him at Donnington a few years back, not big but mighty :)
Andy S..has for tyres P&H are expensive, it's all the add on charges, shame