PDA

View Full Version : Well done Lin!

psychlist
26-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Dunno exactly what happened on Friday's track day but it really seemed to have knocked the wind out of Lin's sails for the Saturday race meet. All things considered I'd like to say how much I admire her grit and determination in putting her nerves about that incident aside and getting back out there to complete the race!

Well done Lin ;)

tetol
26-06-2005, 08:07 PM
lin managed to save what was nearly a nasty highside on the friday trackday and i'd echo psychlist's comments entirely well done lin. oh and thanks for the grub friday night.

Nonnie
26-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Absolutely Lin. I totally admire you for getting on a track at all, let alone racing in competitions. I always thought I'd love to do just a track day and see if I got the bug, but after the mini moto experience, I don't think I'd ever do it now. I am proud to think I "kinda know" someone who races!!!
One up for the ladies :bunny:

walkingpictures
27-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Absolutely Lin. I totally admire you for getting on a track at all, let alone racing in competitions. I always thought I'd love to do just a track day and see if I got the bug, but after the mini moto experience, I don't think I'd ever do it now. I am proud to think I "kinda know" someone who races!!!
One up for the ladies :bunny:

Seconded...top girlie...and as CK said in the other thread,great to see some people at Snetterton.

Kimbo :) :)

Ade
27-06-2005, 03:36 PM
I would also like to add a little more wind to her sails, She also has 8 points on the score board, and she is not on the bottom of the league, so a very well done lynn from me. You really do have a lot of bottle.
Before her high-side she was coming down a second at a time from 1.43 to 1.38 when she didnt appear again I did assume the worst. That was a real dent to her confidence. I wonder how far her confidence would of let her go without that scare.
I had a totally excellent weekend.
As for those KRC lads there nuts they are.

With added help from her race team who distracted and bouyed her up when she was a wee bit down:-
Zimbo always there with the spanners and and good cheer,
Slob, totally inappropriate name for someone so festidious in his polish and shine techniques, well done. That wasnt a tent it was a helmet bag.
Hello to PD, Mr Pictures, Mutley, and Dave

Ade

CK & AK
27-06-2005, 03:38 PM
and a big thanks to the chef of the night on Fri - Mr Ade himself :D

slob
27-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Slob, totally inappropriate name for someone so festidious in his polish and shine techniques...
Nicknamed by a mate when I was seventeen. Something to do with spending ten weeks in bed. He failed to take into account that I'd broken my legs in four places and was held down by traction wires.

Phoenix
27-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Oh my :o I don't know what to say!
Thanks to fellow competitors Psychlist and Tetol for the moral boost there - I have to say that I was totally dented by the incident and it was going through my head - "what am I doing here ? "
I didn't want to give up so thought better get back on that horse and with everyone else bouying me up too then thats what I did.
The weekend had already started so badly with the brakes failing on my car then needing to be rescued by Ade, unloading all that had been carefully packed and reloading it all again in Ades van and my lads Metro, then me Mum arriving telling me it was a "bad omen". :eek:

I'm glad I went back out even if I couldn't recover the 20 or so seconds. Max and I live to fight another day and thats what matters.

Thanks to everyone who turned up - got stuck in - and hopefully you all had a great day out :)

And yes Ade- it's only big circles :D

Both Pauls - Owe you one - thanks ;)

TP-996
27-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Well I haven't been on the UKMOC as much as I'd like to be, but after reading this thread I'd like to echo the sentiments expressed already. Lin, to come back after nearly crashing and having your confidence dented like that is excellent. I admire the way you are going about things and getting out there and having a go. Very impressive.

Good luck at Donny!!!

walkingpictures
27-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey Mutley,put that bottle down ;) ;) and post some piccies on here

Kimbo :)

NattyBoy
27-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Fair play L and mucho respecto...Its not nice when the back comes round..no matter how experienced you are..

Nat

NattyBoy
27-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Fair play L and mucho respecto...Its not nice when the back comes round..no matter how experienced you are..

Nat

Muttley
27-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey Mutley,put that bottle down ;) ;) and post some piccies on here

Jack D is my friend......................hic

I've just put some pics up here Kimbo me old fruit ;)

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/muttsnetterton/index.html

walkingpictures
27-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Jack D is my friend......................hic

I've just put some pics up here Kimbo me old fruit ;)

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/muttsnetterton/index.html

Heeeeeeeeeeyyy,great piccies me ol' mate,glad you worked out how to use the camera ;) if you need help with the JD I was given a freebie hip flask last night from my landlady at my local,it's your's if you want it when I next see you :)

Til next time

Phoenix
27-06-2005, 11:55 PM
;) Well I haven't been on the UKMOC as much as I'd like to be, but after reading this thread I'd like to echo the sentiments expressed already. Lin, to come back after nearly crashing and having your confidence dented like that is excellent. I admire the way you are going about things and getting out there and having a go. Very impressive.

Good luck at Donny!!!

Thanks TP :)

Have to say - although it entered my head on Sat I won't be giving up and will finish the season as intended.
Maybe I might just get it right at one of the remaining meetings :)

You're all stars you boys you know ;) Fantastic series-fantastic competitors and awesome racing so if anyone hasn't been to watch yet then please do get to one of the meetings- you will not be disappointed with the show these guys put on :D

Luvs ya all :D And Kimbo - do save some JD for me won't you ? ;)

Phoenix
28-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Tetol - empty yer pm box :D
Was just asking how you were doing after your trip into the tyre wall ? Hope you are not sore at all ?
I must admit I came round Russells and saw your bike but not you and was thinking 'oh noooooooooo'
I was happy to see you and the bike back in the paddock relatively unscathed :)

Lady-Bob
28-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Excellent Foto's

Well done hunny.

Don't stop :burnout: now..... fill in the entry forms for next year!!

tetol
28-06-2005, 02:56 PM
pm box emptied i'm fine lin thanks the bike's of to the mender's 2moro i did get a bit panicy when they called our race at 5 instead of 520 tho