PDA

View Full Version : Spareshack and the brembo calliper

Bunny
24-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Well, he's done it again.
In these days of being let down by suppliers on a regular basis, there is the exception of Stuart at Spareshack
My rear calliper has blown a seal, so I phone Stuart, and get the usual answerphone message. I leave my number, ask for a price, and hang up.
next day he's returning the call, with the good news "£72 all in - brand new", so I order it.
It's not in stock, he has to order it in. 3 days later, it's here, right part, right price, and even better as it comes with genuine brembo pads !!!

Excellent personal service ( I know there aren't that many "Bunnys" but he always remembers) - top bloke :D :D

gary tompkins
24-06-2005, 07:26 PM
It may be a daft question - but is your S4R too old to still be covered for problems like this under warrentee? My 900ie had 2 years unlimited mileage cover when I bought that back in 2002 ;)

Bunny
24-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Yes, it is "young enough" but the previous owner didn't have the annual service done (probably because 2 services in under 1000 miles seemed a bit expensive) so Ducati will not honour the warranty.
But as the bike was £3000 cheaper than a new one, I don't mind forking out for a calliper :D

gary tompkins
24-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Ahh I see - Fairynuff :)

norrie
25-06-2005, 03:52 PM
I agree he's a top bloke.

Norrie.