PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Custom Ducati Monster 750

manc skank
24-06-2005, 12:52 PM
It is with deep regret and much sadness that I must let Bliksem go, I have pampered her while she has been in my care and she has wanted for nothing. I haven’t told her that I am selling her yet, I was going to spring it on her to save us both some trauma. No, I have not been unfaithful, and no there isn’t a bigger and better model around the corner.

All her life she has lived inside a cosy garage and been safe and secure, now with me having moved to London she has to sleep outside, chained and covered. By day she is harassed by vermin traffic attendants; already she has been ticketed 7 times in 3 weeks! It is only a matter of time before something horrible happens to her and I cant bear the thought of that so I would rather she go to a good home where she will looked after and given the care that I cannot give her.
I have never had any fault with her and she has borne me swiftly and without complaint for 4000 miles, she is an absolute joy to ride and I’m sure her new owner will feel the same.

Last month I had absolutely so intention of ever selling her and had just spent £1000 beautifying and fettling her, new full exhaust system, new tyres, tune up etc. She was serviced by Rosso Corse, who tuned her and replaced all her fluids etc. 200 miles ago. She has a full MOT and 5 months tax. She comes equipped with over £2000 worth of accessories which I will be selling with her, detailed below.
I do not regret spending the money, she is in finer form now than she ever has been and will make some one a fantastic steed.

Bliksem

1997 Ducati Monster 750
18000 miles

Road Racing Alloy Tank
39mm Keihin Flatslide Carburettors (the absolute dogs!)
DP Full System: Large Bore 2-1 Carbon oval Exhaust (brand new)
DP open airbox
Road Racing Tacho
K&N Filter
Datatool Veto Evo (alarm, immobiliser, motion detector)
RR Windshield
RR Engine Fairing
Carbon Fibre Side Panels
Carbon Fibre Hugger
Carbon Fibre Tank Gaurd

5 Months Tax
12 Months MOT
New clutch 400 miles ago
New chain and sprocket kit 400 miles ago
Serviced 200 miles ago (all fluids, tune up and new pads)
Brand New Pirelli Diablo on the rear 200 miles on it
I have all the old MOTs and service history
She will also come with a £100 bike chain and disk lock.

Asking price is £2600.
Rick. 07732 323853

I'm going to cry now... :o

edit: will post better picture later, and she also has a red seat cowl...

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=6678
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=6679
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=6748&stc=1

steviej
24-06-2005, 01:12 PM
F**K ME RICK...................................

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

Nonnie
24-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Being a bit of a collector of homeless things, I will quite happily foster Bliksem til a new permanent home can be found.

MikeG
24-06-2005, 01:31 PM
How terribly sad...

Hope you don't sell then regret it...

Chappers
24-06-2005, 02:16 PM
I sooo wish I had the money right now as I would defo have it but need to sell mine first and find the extra £600 :(

Rabbit
24-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Very sad day Rick, maybe you should just come back up to Manchester ;)

I'm sure that whoever buys her won't be dissapointed though.

DesmoDog
24-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Do you do pay pal?

Tigerlily
24-06-2005, 03:19 PM
:eek: I can't believe that you two are going to part company :(

I hope she goes to a loving home.

manc skank
24-06-2005, 04:45 PM
me too :(

im in no rush chappers. but with all the extras and the price i dont now how long before she goes *sniff*

i have paypal. but cheque is preffered as paypal are scam artists.

(saying that i paid for her with paypal!)

bod
24-06-2005, 06:53 PM
No Rick....who am I gonna chase after at the next trackday :) :(

Paranoid Dave
24-06-2005, 07:06 PM
lets hope she stays in the club, she's a lovely machine and one of the more recognisable bikes round the UK, and don't feel you have to go either rick, keep reading and posting as you're part of the family now... I'm welling up now :(

manc skank
24-06-2005, 08:09 PM
thanks dave :D i'm not going anywhere :D

A Yerbury
24-06-2005, 08:26 PM
mr rockafella skank, will be in London this weekend, bit hectic on the sat but perhaps a rushed monster ace trip could be poss for sunday afternoon?

Alex.
ps.Richard may be there as well as some other london faces, Ill pm my mob if ya like (that doesnt mean we are engaged or anything)

Wraith
28-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Hi there. Love the bike and effort you have put into it. I'm quite happy to pay your asking price, would hate it to go to a person who doesn't appreciate the time and effort that you have put into this bike! As i've already put a deposit on another Monster your quick response would be appreciated. Kind regards Nick

manc skank
28-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Hi there. Love the bike and effort you have put into it. I'm quite happy to pay your asking price, would hate it to go to a person who doesn't appreciate the time and effort that you have put into this bike! As i've already put a deposit on another Monster your quick response would be appreciated. Kind regards Nick

hi nick,

just got your voice mail, sorry mate, she has been provisionally sold, but i have no deposit. low price: she went quickly, sale goes through on saturday, if it all falls through ill give you a shout.
cheers,
rick.

Wraith
28-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Cheer Mate, Be lucky as we say,Dont accept an offer 'tis a brilliant bike and I would buy it without a second thought! Don't leave the Forum!
Regards Nick

MilesB
28-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Rick

Sad to see Bliksem go :( as it is one good looking beast.

Good to meet both you and Helen on Sunday, and to know that your 'last ride' was a good one - company, roads and weather hopefully conspiring into an event you won't forget.

Keep in touch.

Miles

slob
29-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Rick, my offer still stands. (Only 40 mins from Baker St. by tube)

manc skank
29-06-2005, 08:00 AM
ta rob, :D its really good of you, but i think some one else can give her a better life than i can right now. believe you me though, i will have another monster as soon as.

Tigerlily
29-06-2005, 11:43 AM
.............. she has been provisionally sold............

Is she staying in the club Rick?

manc skank
29-06-2005, 02:20 PM
i hope so, the guy who is buying her is Patrick from Guilford and he found her on the site... seems like a nice enough guy, talks alot, not sure if he is registered...

Phoenix
29-06-2005, 03:58 PM
........:(..........

manc skank
02-07-2005, 11:47 AM
well, she is gone. i feel crap, going to go get drunk now, maybe throw bottles of wee at mariah carey in hyde park :o

Albie
02-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Oh mate. Sorry to see her go. Get yourself another one soon eh ! :(

Andy

slob
02-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Sorry Rick, throw a bottle of **** at Mariah for me please.

steviej
02-07-2005, 01:06 PM
.....................just for the mantlepiece!!! (Courtesy of Miss Tiger/Little Monster)

Oh Happy Days.................. :cool:

Pugi
07-07-2005, 08:14 PM
After reading the posts in this thread I feel I should assure you that Bliksem will be well taken care of. She is now aquainting herself with her new garage and waiting to be ridden again when it dries up. It is my intention to keep her in the same excellent condition Rick has. My hat of to you Rick, you've kept her really well.

I found her on this site and she'll stay in the club if you guys don't mind having us around. This place was very helpful when I was doing my homework on monsters and I'm sure it'll teach me lots more.

/Patrick - new owner of Bliksem

slob
07-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Welcome Patrick

dean
08-07-2005, 08:32 AM
After reading the posts in this thread I feel I should assure you that Bliksem will be well taken care of. She is now aquainting herself with her new garage and waiting to be ridden again when it dries up. It is my intention to keep her in the same excellent condition Rick has. My hat of to you Rick, you've kept her really well.

I found her on this site and she'll stay in the club if you guys don't mind having us around. This place was very helpful when I was doing my homework on monsters and I'm sure it'll teach me lots more.

/Patrick - new owner of Bliksem

Hey Patrick, hope you enjoy the bike. I was the previous owner before Rich.

celt
08-07-2005, 06:30 PM
christ thats sad. i just popped on for a look around and to see how everyone was doing and i find this.

hope you find a garage and get another bike soon rick. the best celt

Pugi
11-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks, I'm enjoying it tremendously.

DesmoDog
11-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Welcome and enjoy the bike, I was rather hoping you'd drop out of the sale. You've a good deal there my man. Funnily enough my first bike is back up for sale and I'm muy tempted to buy her back.

Pugi
11-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Looked around for over 6 months and so far It's more bike/£ than I've seen anywhere. She has obviously been well loved and looked after and I now challenge myself to do the same.
First girl/boyfriend, first bike...you never forget them do you? ;)