PDA

View Full Version : Weather

MikeG
24-06-2005, 06:32 AM
Just seen this on the BBC

Friday 24 June WEATHER WARNING A large area of thunderstorms will move away from the southwest of the UK. Much of Wales, the Midlands and Northern England will be affected. The storms will be severe and long lasting with squally winds and large hail. There is a risk of flash flooding. Driving conditions will be dangerous Valid until 1200.

So may be an interesting ride home!
Do Spareshack do lightening conductors for a M600?
Can I claim for hail damage to the bike?

Dave G
24-06-2005, 06:41 AM
Welcome to life in Scotland,we dont get a mention as its been like that all summer.

slob
24-06-2005, 07:08 AM
I'm just getting ready to leave for Snetterton, fingers crossed.

Shandy
24-06-2005, 07:30 AM
Its just been thundering and hailing in swindon so its on the way up! On the up side when it passes through it leaves it a bit cooler and fresher.

You might be needing the ducati inflatable raft and oars option later when it gets to you!

CK & AK
24-06-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm just getting ready to leave for Snetterton, fingers crossed.

Hopefully on our way Rob, at about 2.30 this afternoon :D - your turn for the beers then? :lol:

C

Andy S
24-06-2005, 12:58 PM
:cool: We had a load of claping loud thunder over Camberley / Aldershot way, but it only came to a light rain shower, the dark clouds moved off south Guildford way.

It's clear and very sunny in Camberley now.

Dough! :cool: run out of Coconut oil now ;)

after taken the Monster to 24hr Le Mans race

(best orginised race going! Epic :burnout: .... Donnington should learn big time form Le Mans froggie boys on how to sort a great race day out) = 38'C sunday = hot & sweaty ride back with out/put connector on Alternator wires melting (even hotter "Beaty Swollock" splice and tape fix on road side)

I,m getting used to humid climate.

Just need new rubbers now :bunny:
Andy S..it's bone dry now

Chappers
24-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Well, it was sunny and warm when I left for work this morning at 8am on me bike and then the heavens opened up at Toddington just after 2pm and it's got worse, worse and worse :( :eek: :mad:

Infact so severe that the M1 has slowed right down to 30-40mph, there's huddles of bikers sitting under the bridge and it's taken my colleague 2hrs to get home (jnc 12-15) when it usually takes her 45mins tops :eek:

So, I've resorted to leaving my bike here, chained to the lamp post which incidentally has a CCTV camera attached to it too :)

Hopefully the weather is brighter tomorrow after 6pm so I can come and collect it :confused: :rolleyes: