PDA

View Full Version : Translation foolery

Paranoid Dave
23-06-2005, 08:03 PM
It always amazes me to read what was translated into a foreign language and back again. For example:

Mary ordered small lamb
its fleece was white as the snow
and each where this Mary was
its sheep was certain to go.

Is a well known childrens nurery rhyme, i'm sure its not hard to guess which. And in case you wondered Portugese was the chosen vocabulary.

More stupid is good ol jack and jill via germany:

Steckfassung and jill ascended the hill to get slats of the water fell steckfassung down and broke its crown and jill came afterwards stolpernd.

I have a small brain and I'm easily pleased but feel free to join my daft hobby. :D or to say that via Korea....
To me which am satisfied easily the small brain and my daft hobby to under combining the }i{' It is M and it feels but freely :D

Nonnie
23-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Oh god I really did do this and send it off to someone. Friends of Emily's Driver who are Italian and don't speak English. Good grief, what must they have thought?

Ennio and Nicolette beloveds

I hope that you have had a good flight to the U.K. and that one you enjoy your stay here. They are spiacente that I will not be able to see them while you are
here. Perhaps the time next but I will see them when I come in Italy in
August. They would have intentional to give back your hospitality and to
render the lunch you, perhaps Rod will give the use to me of its kitchen in Launch! I hope you can see that all the sights to London and that one you have
enjoyed the garden Covent today. I have a Nicolette sensibility I will have appreciate it here. They are spiacente Nicolette for giving to Rod the video of all the
race of the motorcycle that have been indicated on the television
while it was absent so as to I hope that you are not too much
cross-sectional with me! Happy Honeymoon!

With love

:D :D :D

Paranoid Dave
23-06-2005, 08:36 PM
have you ever heard from them again. ???

abbeyalto
24-06-2005, 02:32 AM
A scavenger of my old man
he uses the hat of a waste basket
that he uses the blind of the God I them trousers
and he lives in an advice plane
(Spanish)

They are eggman I
I am eggman I
I am the walrus
cuculo-cuckoo-ca-choo-choo
(Italian)

If you go up to the wood today,
then you are assured large syarpriza.
If you you go up to the wood then today,
you is which more better you send in disguise.
For each bear that was always they
will gather there for the confident because
present day bears, they have their picnic.
(Russian)

You it put its left foot inside,
its left foot for it are,
inside,
for it are,
agitates it all approximately.
You it makes cokey of hokey and you turn approximately,
and that one is what she is all on.
Hoy.
(Portuguese)

"You will walk more quickly?" a whiting said to a snail, "there is an end of porpoise behind us, and it goes on my prick."
(French)

This is gonna run, methinks.

slob
24-06-2005, 06:26 AM
It always amazes me to read what was translated into a foreign language and back again.

Do you mean something you tried to translate using a website, rather than translated by actual people who speak both languages fluently, by any chance?
The Miscro$oft smellchecker can be guilty of some fairly stunning gaffs just translating English to English.

nik_the_brief
24-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Methinks you're talking Babelfish - http://www.babelfish.altavista.com

Paranoid Dave
24-06-2005, 04:20 PM
I actually used google translation. Its odd as some of the complicated things remain almost untouched and others come back as pure drivel.

I love the one about the three bears :lol:

Paranoid Dave
24-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Portugal must be a horrid place to grow up....

Humpty Dumpty seated in a wall Humpty Dumpty had a great fall all the horses Dos Reis and all the men Dos Reis could not join humpty another time.

Paranoid Dave
24-06-2005, 04:27 PM
english is hard enough......

more peterpiper a Peck in vinegar did inserted pepper a Peck select in vinegar inserted selected Pfefferpeterpiper, if more peterpiper inserted pepper selected a Peck in vinegar, in which the Peck in vinegar inserted selected Pfefferpeterpiper is?

Nonnie
24-06-2005, 04:37 PM
:D :D :D

What a desperately childish sense of humour I have.

Paranoid Dave
24-06-2005, 04:42 PM
well it is german translation. leather shorts would be preferable me thinks?