PDA

View Full Version : Monster wants to stay...

SCH
21-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Hello all,

Well having just blown more money than I care to think on our wedding , my lovely new wife and I decided that maybe we should rationalise our bike collection...we have 3:

My lovely monster :)
Its predecessor, a ZX6R
Her bike, a SV650

We kind of decided to sell all 3, and replace the whole lot with a Fazer, as a sort of Jack of all trades...

Now, I'm a bit of a fair weather biker and what with being busy with the wedding etc haven't ridden the monster recently, but this weekend decided to take her out, bit of a swansong and all that...

So I get togged up, take her out of the garage and....battery flat. Just enough juice to prime the fuel pump and give the starter a half hearted turn :(

It's 30 odd degrees and I'm starting to melt, consider jumping it from the wife's bike but starting to lose heart... :(

Then for some reason I decide to prod the starter one last time and ... the starter turns and she bursts into life :D

So off I go, have a superb ride, and she feels as good as ever, bursting with power and punching out of the bends with that sweet turn in the ZX6R could never do...get back and the missus asks "how was it", I say superb it's like she doesn't want to go...

My wonderful wife says to me... she's right we should keep her, and sell the other two...

How cool is that? :burnout: :burnout:

Fosse Foxfight
22-06-2005, 08:50 AM
the missus asks "how was it", I say superb it's like she doesn't want to go...

My wonderful wife says to me... she's right we should keep her, and sell the other two...

How cool is that? :burnout: :burnout:
Is it possible we could have some cell samples from your wife, I got a mate who does a tad of cloning in his garage. :)

ta ra

Fosse Foxfight
22-06-2005, 08:54 AM
My lovely monster :)
Its predecessor, a ZX6R
Her bike, a SV650

We kind of decided to sell all 3, and replace the whole lot with a Fazer,
OK, Ok, after I got over the thoroughly heartwarming bit of this post I decided you cant get away with this, ok the ZX6 flog it its nowt, an SV650 although of a Japanese ilk, a quite characterful bike and the Monster of course being the dogs danglies.....OK sell em to regroup your finances but to sell em and then buy a F*z*r?........................this will be held against you in a very very serious fashion, and you shall be ridiculed in a merciless fashion..........YERBS!!!!! Do 'im.
Put it like this:

my lovely Claudia Schiffer
its predecessor Jody Kidd
Her bike Johnny Depp

We kind of decided to sell all 3 and replace the whole lot with an Anne Widdecombe

ta flippin ra :mad:

SCH
22-06-2005, 11:24 AM
LOL, think of it as a heat induced aberation :D

At least we made the right decision in the end - although don't tell the missus I've just treated myself to the performance ecu the bike's been missing, so much for saving money... :rolleyes: :D