PDA

View Full Version : Great Bentley 29th June

Paranoid Dave
21-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Who fancies goin' down't pub on that night. It was soggy last time and few bikes at all, but we cant be that unlucky twice can we? I have found a new Duke owner (748) who fancies a run next week so if it's nice I plan to go anyway.

Nonnie
21-06-2005, 08:40 PM
:D :D :D

I don't suppose I'll catch either of you in me Corsa will I?!

Moley
22-06-2005, 07:11 AM
The 29th is ok with me Dave. I will give tonight a miss unless any others are going.
Nonnie, its good to see the cast is off. When are you back on your bike?

bignj
22-06-2005, 07:41 AM
I should be there, nothing in the diary at moment. :cool:

Dave, can you bring a UKMOC sticker, I'll bring the £1.

Nonnie
22-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Well, Moley, I got an intensive physio session with The Bone Doctor!!! on the Tuesday (thanks Crust) so who knows? I had my first drive today in the car so perhaps next week I'll be on 2 wheels. I like to think so but best not til I'm totally sure and confident enough. Now, I wouldn't want to do anything stupid would I???!!!

Paranoid Dave
22-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Bignj, stickers are already in my jacket and were there last time, when it rained off.

Keep fingers crossed for sunshine then. :D

slob
28-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Wanna meet at the same spot as before Moley?

Moley
29-06-2005, 06:09 AM
OK Slob, what time do you want to make it?
Moley

slob
29-06-2005, 06:16 AM
Any time that suits you, I'm not working.

Moley
29-06-2005, 08:17 AM
Could be at Asda petrol station for 6.45 to 7.00 pm Rob. Is this ok with you?

slob
29-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Done deal Steve

Paranoid Dave
29-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Looks like I'm going to acall this one off again guys. I will take Kylie again one day, maybe next week.
Call me pickey but malteser size hail stones, heavy rain, flooding and thunder with some pretty lightning thrown in, well..... it's just not ideal for biking in my book.

Hope its better down your way.

Nonnie
29-06-2005, 06:29 PM
I'd have said more "cherry tomato" sized hail but, hey!

Maybe I'll be able to make it next week on Juan! Hehe!

Paranoid Dave
29-06-2005, 06:46 PM
I just been to the shops, on the way I had to negotiate a flood in the road by climbing over a wall and through a petrol station forecourt before tip toeing through the shallow end. Thought it best to come home the other way and got held up by a road closed off while fire brigade sort out some poor family home struck by lightning. No real damage thank god.

I dont feel so bad about staying in now :D

7 Days and counting Nonnie, get that wrist bending ;)

bignj
29-06-2005, 07:22 PM
With you Dave, came home up the A12 watching the light show in your neck of the woods and splashing through the puddles round my way. Hope Moley and Slob saw sense and stayed home.

Hope I can make it next week, will be travelling back from France that day, will depend on how early I get back.

slob
30-06-2005, 06:27 AM
Hope Moley and Slob saw sense and stayed home.

Nope... of course not, it was nice and we hardly got wet at all.

Moley
30-06-2005, 07:50 AM
I think Lady Luck shined on us Rob. Those dark satanic clouds seemed to dance around us on the way home. Glad it continued for you after I peeled off at Chelmsford.
Well who's up for Wednesday 6th ? Nonnie, are you in training? Benson, where are you .. on holiday? Dave, don't tease Rob about his sticker any more!
Moley

Nonnie
30-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Well who's up for Wednesday 6th ? Nonnie, are you in training? Moley
I have taken a leaf out of Runningmans limbering up book and am doing physio based upon praying and the use of a walking stick! Seriously! Doc says I'm good to go as soon as I have a bit more grip. Will be trying at the weekend. A quick ride around the front of the house should tell me pretty quickly whether I can continue or not!
If not next week, then pretty darn soon after that.

slob
30-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Time to get out that old Rubik's cube and work some movement back into your wrist(ooh err Mrs.).
I will pray for you as well.

Paranoid Dave
30-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Stickers are still in my jacket have no fear people. I have spoken to my friend with a 748 and she is up for it next week and kylie nodded earlier when I asked her so providing it don't hail, flood and nobody does anything to p*ss God off between now and then we should be good to go.

benson
30-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Hello one and all, I would just like to point out I haven't been on holiday more's the pity!!! :cool: Had my own personal raincloud most of the week - just about drying out now, there's nothing like sitting in a puddle is there??? ;)

Meanwhile next week is out for me I'm afraid - I have a meeting scheduled to start at 7 pm so you'll just have to raise a glass to my absence..... :mad:

Hope to be Suffolk way on Sunday - what about Aldeburgh for chips and a pint if the weather's any good??? :lol: