PDA

View Full Version : Nice headlight kit wanted

DevilBoy
21-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Hello all

I am looking for something a bit unusual for my S4 in the way of headlights.
I havent got any fairing on it at the moment, and I dont really wanna go down the double headlights thing.
I want something cool like the KTM duke headlights and fairing, with the headlights in a vertical fashion.
Or, even better, I have seen in the past 4 headlights in a line, two big tow small. Anyone know where you can get those from?

Oh oh, and I want the orb like lamps from the newer race ducati's.

Basically, anything cool!

Any ideas?
Cheers
db

dean
22-06-2005, 08:41 AM
look at my avatar, if thats the kind of thing,pm me and i'll email a pic so you can see it close up.

Dean

DevilBoy
22-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Yep, thats the one!

Where'd you get it?

dean
22-06-2005, 01:34 PM
from lincoln. the bloke i bought the bike off put it on but i have since seen pyramid plastics stuff elsewhere (i htink they advertise in streetfighters mag regularly).

Sorry but i dont know their number but i amsure if you do a search on the old interweb thingy you'll find it.

heres a pic.

marchesini
22-06-2005, 04:37 PM
I want something cool like the KTM duke headlights and fairing, with the headlights in a vertical fashion.
Or, even better, I have seen in the past 4 headlights in a line, two big tow small. Anyone know where you can get those from?

Oh oh, and I want the orb like lamps from the newer race ducati's.

Something like this as an alternative. I think it is based on a KTM Duke headlight with some different brackets - saw one of these on ebay a few weeks back.

Best regards

simon

DevilBoy
22-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Thats the one I want!
Is that made by ducati performance then?
Where can I get one! I want I want!

marchesini
22-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Thats the one I want!
Is that made by ducati performance then?
Where can I get one! I want I want!

Unfortunately, I know not where. Mine was imported for me by Chris Clarkes (no longer in existence) who then had to make up the brackets (not a difficult job though). The projector headlights were from a 996 and that's all I know. I seem to recall it was a French Company so perhaps Simpsons Mechanique? I'll have a quick search on the interwebnet thingie and see what I come up with. Bear with me, I tend to get distracted by the ladies when I do interweb searches, some of it is a little bit fruity.

I'll be back

simon

Fosse Foxfight
22-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Unfortunately, I know not where. Mine was imported for me by Chris Clarkes (no longer in existence) who then had to make up the brackets (not a difficult job though). =
Chris Clarke are no longer trading but I think you can still get hold of Andy Toos (sp?)
Try this number, its from my phone book and think you should be able to get hold of someone on that number, he helped me a while back to trace the supplier of some of the lovely performance kit they used to offer:

01953 600710

ta ra

marchesini
23-06-2005, 12:35 AM
No luck I'm afraid.

Another route to explore is Pageant Paintwork as they did the paintjob (hence their name, wierd huh).

The other option may be to phone a KTM supplier and see how much a new headlight may be - probably cheaper too. You may need to make some barckets for it but I can send you some pics and measurements of mine if you get stuck.

Good luck

simon

JMo
23-06-2005, 01:14 AM
The pukka KTM one is pretty expensive (£300 plus) - but you could keep a look out on Ebay?

xxx

DevilBoy
27-06-2005, 05:14 PM
So, Marchesini, is that a KTM job you have there?
Its so so sexy, i want one now!!!!

I dont mind paying a bit for it, as long as I can get it to fit on good, and its got those wicked orb lights.

Any more leads would be greatly appreciated guys!

Cheers
db

marchesini
07-07-2005, 10:00 AM
So, Marchesini, is that a KTM job you have there?
Its so so sexy, i want one now!!!!

No, I don't think so but it is very similar. I just bought it as I'd seen it fitted onto a show Monster at Chris Clarkes. I do know they had to make some brackets so it may well be the KTM unit. In the meantime, I have attached another picture of the headlight now that it has been repainted.

Mr C has just posted that he is putting a KTM headlight on his so I'll post over on his thread for more details.

Laters

simon