PDA

View Full Version : Banned

Banshee
20-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Yep ive gone and missed out on another summer of riding..
3 Months (£200.00 chappers)
So have fun you lot, you all be safe.. :)

CK & AK
20-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Dipstick :rolleyes:

ever thought about taking up something else Pitkin? :confused:

C :(

Dave G
20-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Does a driving ban affect doing trackdays given that a licence is required at most tracks to take part?
Seems like an opportunity to tweak your S2R in the warmer weather,I was looking at the tail chop you did(though cant find it now) and it looked really good but I dont think I'm ready for such drastic surgery while my warranty is still running.

Nonnie
20-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Banshee......

....aww.............

.............just as I'm getting ready to get back out there too!

You've been lucky I'd say then!

Chappers
20-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Sorry to hear that mate :(

Now I'm starting to worry slightly :confused: :(

Fodder
20-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Unlucky dude. :eek:

OgriUK
20-06-2005, 03:56 PM
unlucky mate, sorry to hear it...but if it stays as hot as it has you'd be better off buying one of them cheap garden pools(got one for me daughter an her mates but i love it) and spending your days cooling off an drinking lager in that for the next three months instead of sweating your **** off in clammy leathers dodging twattish half asleep in the heat car drivers.. ;)

SAMMYE
20-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Sorry to hear that Banshee

Boon
20-06-2005, 06:53 PM
realy sorry to hear that M8e !
was it that dreaded 13th

Mand
20-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Oh dear.... :(

Is Elmo going to chaffeur you everywhere now?

Banshee
20-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Oh yes..... need to get him a hat now. :lol:

creepy
20-06-2005, 08:39 PM
who wants to ride during the summer anyway?i only do it because i have too! its ok if you can keep moving,but sitting on top of a hot engine in slow moving traffic with all the gear on is crap!!rather be in a car in a tee shirt with the sun roof open,never understood why people see a warm sunny day and think "biking weather"
creepy

Mand
20-06-2005, 08:41 PM
who wants to ride during the summer anyway?i only do it because i have too! its ok if you can keep moving,but sitting on top of a hot engine in slow moving traffic with all the gear on is crap!!rather be in a car in a tee shirt with the sun roof open,never understood why people see a warm sunny day and think "biking weather"
creepy

Are you mad? I was in my car yesterday with the sunroof open and it was bloody torture!

Mind you I went out on my bike too and I thought my head was going to boil!! :lol:

bod
20-06-2005, 10:15 PM
A car with air con perhaps?

MilesB
20-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Are you mad? I was in my car yesterday with the sunroof open and it was bloody torture!

Mind you I went out on my bike too and I thought my head was going to boil!! :lol:
It was sheer hell out there - coming home from North Wales - 250+ miles on the Monster, including the last 100 miles on the motorway (M40 and M25) :( :( :(

The heat was remorseless, and even going 'fast' with a ventilated jacket didn't keep me cool. I just don't do hot :o

I'm with Ogri and Creepy on this one - when it's too hot I just go and hide "in a cool dry place :cool: "

PS - Bad luck Banshee - did I miss as to why you achieved this 'honour' :confused:

OgriUK
20-06-2005, 10:45 PM
ma an mitz was thw same...took a zx12r to sarf london on sat, nearly died curled up in bike gear behind fairing...coming back sun was marginally better as we wason a cb13 sitting in the wind, but like you i had a vented jacket on and it didnt do bugger alll...had that lovely "vinegary" smell when i peeled it off..yeuchhhh...
get the pool mate, also a playstation 2 with that tt game me sons got that it looks marvellous much better an safer than the real thing.. ;)

JMo
21-06-2005, 11:28 PM
Seems like an opportunity to tweak your S2R in the warmer weather,I was looking at the tail chop you did(though cant find it now) and it looked really good but I dont think I'm ready for such drastic surgery while my warranty is still running.

Ahem - I'd love Banshee to be able to take the credit for that, but believe me he'd cut his own arm off with a butter knife if you let him near one...

As for warranty - it won't effect it (except perhaps if you try to claim for paint damage around where you cut it) - I did mine after 4 days...

xxx

welshman
22-06-2005, 11:49 AM
banshee , try not to look at this a negative thing , think about how long your tyre will last !

also you and elmo could get matching leathers and lids , look even more, like a pair of shirt lifters

give me a shout if you need anything from your place in tamworth , dont mind running it over for you

cheers
john

Little Monster
22-06-2005, 09:52 PM
bet the wife is telling you how glad you must be you never got that motorbike you wanted cos you'd be missing out on all that riding :p

you clown (said with masses of affection and sympathy of course)

Scotty
07-07-2005, 12:59 PM
hummm you must have looked even less sorry than i did
only 2 months and £200

Banshee
08-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Me hears its minimum 3 months in Jockland but aint sure, a mate got done last week 40 days and £200.

Is yours an old news or you just had it?