PDA

View Full Version : Swap S4R steering damper brackets for S4 brackets?

marchesini
19-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Recently changed to clip-ons and am interested in swapping the brackets from an S4R to an S4 set-up (damper is the same, I believe).

This may be of interest to S4 owners who have recently changed to an S4R and found that the S4 top-mounted steering damper does not fit.

Long shot but thought I'd ask anyway. Wierd thing is that I used to have one for the S4 but sold it on ebay thinking I wouldn't need it.

best regards

simon

BTW, what is the correct spelling of swop/swap?

Albie
20-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Hi simon.
Let me get this straight as slightly confused I think. Do you want S4 top yoke . If so I would swap for s4r set up with normal bars as I could do with a different bar adjustment. Let me know if thats what you mean.

Andy :D

marchesini
20-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Hi simon.
Let me get this straight as slightly confused I think. Do you want S4 top yoke . If so I would swap for s4r set up with normal bars as I could do with a different bar adjustment. Let me know if thats what you mean.

Andy :D

No, it's the two brackets that hold the steering damper between the top yoke and the ignition key surround. You'll only have these if you have the top mounted steering damper (which you don't as I remember someone selling you a side mounted version - unless of course you've changed recently ;) )

Sorry for the confusion. All this of course is subject to checking with Dave as it may just open another can of worms with regards to clearance issues.

Laters fella

simon

Albie
20-06-2005, 04:42 PM
No, it's the two brackets that hold the steering damper between the top yoke and the ignition key surround. You'll only have these if you have the top mounted steering damper (which you don't as I remember someone selling you a side mounted version - unless of course you've changed recently ;) )

Sorry for the confusion. All this of course is subject to checking with Dave as it may just open another can of worms with regards to clearance issues.

Laters fella

simon
I thought as much. Shame that. Never mind as I saw one on ebay top yoke for £129. Bit dear I thought but would like adjustable bars. :D

McMONSTRO
23-06-2005, 05:01 PM
This may be of interest to S4 owners who have recently changed to an S4R and found that the S4 top-mounted steering damper does not fit.

Thats me then!

Marchesini, if you are interested in having a chat Ive PM'd you my number!

McMonstro