PDA

View Full Version : Minor tumble, usual parts required

BlueHaze
17-06-2005, 07:37 PM
I had a low speed front wheel washout today which damaged my 2000 M900 Sie in the usual places:

Bent rear brake pedal - may be able to straighten
Grazed O/S carbon fibre exhaust protector
Grazed O/S exhaust
Grazed hedight cowl
Grazed front brake lever
Grazed O/S handle bar end weight

I think the tanks OK but I haven't had the nerve to look yet as it's under a Baglux cover.

I don't expect anyone has any of the above as they're the things that get damaged first, but can anyone direct me in the best place to get new or s/h stuff from?

Spike
17-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Have a look on ebay its the best place to start as long as you know what you're looking for.

Richy Rich
17-06-2005, 09:15 PM
I got the cheap bits from Stuart at Spareshack (see links) and the can from ebay. I have a spare unused rh can from an S4. I don't know if it'll fit. But I'd sell it for a reasonable price.
PM me if you're interested. Cheers Rich

Paranoid Dave
17-06-2005, 09:24 PM
ouch, not nice but sounds like it could have been a lot worse. Good luch sourcin parts in the near future, at least its still rideable.
Maybe you'll come out and play with me and Nonnie sometime soon? ;)

Nonnie
17-06-2005, 09:57 PM
hello!
Sorry to hear that.
Yes, be good to meet you soon.

benson
17-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Hello!!!! So you are relieved of the plaster - how is it??? Guess it's still stiff as hell and rather painful - make sure you really give it time to get fully mobile again - sorry, don't mean to sound like an old nag!!!!

Meanwhile looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks time :rolleyes:

BlueHaze
20-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Had a look at the Monster on Sunday morning to fully assess the damage and to see what could be bodged.

Initially things were going well: rear brake lever bent back without snapping, handlebar end rotated so you cannot see the scuffs, broken glass prized out of the mirror in the hope that I can find a replacement to mastic in. Perhaps things aren't so bad after all.

Hmmm, handlebars appear to be a bit bent, better take a look at the tank underneath the Baxgux...

Bugger & Bollox! Quite a sizeable dent in the tank :(

I expect that a new tank is v. expensive, so where's the best place to get the dent knocked out, filled and the tank resprayed to the orignal spec?

At least the bikes still rideable and the dent is hidden under the Baglux!

Paranoid Dave
20-06-2005, 02:43 PM
monster tank dents are almost impossible to remove, maybe the fill in and respray is the only answer but for the price of it all you might be able to pick up a second hand tank?