PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Gearchange M600

Jim66a
17-06-2005, 09:13 AM
I was riding in to work this morning and it refused to change up out of 3rd. I slowed down and tried changing down which it did but the lever felt 'heavy' and it changed up into 3rd ok. I did this a couple of times and everything was back to normal. The gearchange has always been 'clunky' compared to the jap stuff I have ridden but I just put this down to it being a Ducati.
I've only had the bike a week and bought it from a friend so know its history. Its a 2001 M600 with 800 miles on it now of wich ive done 300.. Its been stood in her garage since nov 2001.

Any Ideas why the gearchange should play up?

Jim

Chappers
17-06-2005, 09:35 AM
I sometimes have problems finding top gear and quite often find false neutrals whilst changing up through the gears, but PeteS4 adjusted my gear lever down a fraction, which has made my gear change slightly smoother and no more false neutrals anymore :)

Scotty
17-06-2005, 09:35 AM
uh thers 2 spring things that do stuff in there
one of em broke for me once and it basically wouldnt work at all after that
though i currently wonder if id given it a bigger boot i could have got to t'old dealer rather than recovery

im sure someone may question if the clutch system is in tip top condition air / leeks as if thers some drag then gear change may be more difficult

did you try the clutchless upshift ?

Jim66a
17-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi, No i didnt try a clutchless change. I'll be taking more note on my way home tonight. I dont think the springs could be broken as the shift returned to normal.

Scotty
17-06-2005, 09:58 AM
sounds more like a clutch thing perhaps, but with so few miles hummm
have a look around the slave see what its up to

uh remember dont boot the gear chnge too hard or you might end up with something like my avatar ;)

only jokeing

Jim66a
17-06-2005, 11:43 AM
I've just been out on it now, only 10 miles or so, But its been fine. I might change the oil this weekend as its been stood a while.