PDA

View Full Version : Old Style Registration Documents (Log books)

Bunny
16-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Right, going to check this at work tomorrow, but someone may know here ?

The talking box in the corner has just told me that as of 1st July all old log books are no good - they have to be replaced with new style ones.

Does anyone know whether it is just a case of sending the old ones in to be replaced, or do we have to apply for a new style one (£19 each !!!)

Now for people like me ( what - you can sell bikes as well as buy them !!)this could get expensive.
I've just had a quick count up, and I have 27 old style log books (probably more hiding somewhere :) )
I suppose that even if this is just a "swap" of documents, I will then have to SORN all these bikes ?

If DVLA were overworked before, think what this will do :D

Rabbit
16-06-2005, 06:27 PM
They should have sent one out automatically, but we haven't had them for Tigerlily's car or my NC30 yet.

This is a link to the relevant page of DVLAs website http://www.dvla.gov.uk/newrules/hrc_new.htm

You just send your old one to them and they will replace it with a new one. It sound like a recipe for a balls up to me, but what's new :rolleyes:

CK & AK
16-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Bunny - make sure you photocopy every document before posting to DVLA

They have made some stupid guff ups - particularly with driving licences, where some qualifications have been removed. A biker chum is still fighting them as his 16 years on a bike has been wiped out - and despite records from his insurance company, DVLA still insist he never had taken the test! :eek:

2 of our bikes were 'wiped' earlier this year off the DVLA computer - but when I produced copies of the copies & also insurance records to back up my claim, the reg docs suprisingly came back about 3 weeks later.

C :)

Bunny
16-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks C,
this new fangled printer/scanner/copier will come in handy then !!
(doesn't do very good toast though)
see ya soon,