PDA

View Full Version : how much and where for a belt service?

hornet_basher
16-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Looks like I might of found myself a very late 98 carb'ed m900 :)
Going to have a look at it on Sat morning.

Its only got 6k on it from new and last had the belts done 18 months and 2k miles or so ago.

So will it be due a belt service soon?

Whats it gonna cost me?
and any where good to take it within easy distance of swindon?

cheers
Basher

Shandy
16-06-2005, 04:00 PM
I've used a bloke called Steve Lynham who has a little workshop up straton way in swindon after he was recomended. Only for a few repairs/service bits though like new chain, fork seals etc with no probs from him. Mines due for belt service later this year as its two years will be up and i was going to give him a call to see if he can do it.

He does own a Ducati himself so i guess he would do his own, well you'd hope so. His numbers 01793 820630, let me know how it goes and it would be usefull to know how much.

Good luck with the viewing saturday.

Shandy

dean
16-06-2005, 04:00 PM
are based in bristolish way i believe. everybody on here reckons he's very good. i am sure somebody will be kind enough to post his number up(i dont have it otherwise i would)

he also does a pick up & drop off service.

A Yerbury
16-06-2005, 04:06 PM
It is very easy.....cue predictable: "even I could do it" wahey! gag...If there is no ducati place any good mechanic should understand "these belts off, these belts on, adjust here and keep pulley lined up to these marks"

Alex.
ps it is easy but the top one can be a bit of a pain.

Bunny
16-06-2005, 04:18 PM
call LOUIGI MOTO on 07775 557797 or email: Louigi748@aol.com ;)

http://ducatitrader.co.uk/louigi/advert.htm

Pedro
16-06-2005, 05:04 PM
What Bunny said! Rich is a top fella!

See also your PMs!

Ped