PDA

View Full Version : Bicycle to Brighton

Ade
15-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Ive been signed up to do the Clapham to Brighton Bicycle run, the charity is British Heart Foundation. Basically Im holding out the begging bowl. If you fancy chucking a couple of quid in an envelope and post it to the below address, bloody excellent, if not no problem. I will post a short review of how many pubs you can stop at enroute on a 54 mile run, and also how much was raised. I will also post names of who sponsered or you can remain anonymous.
I am looking for £2/or what ever youve got stuck down the back of the sofa a head so if you wish to send it to :-
Mr Adrian Campbell
2 Garden Close
Shamley Green
Surrey
GU5 0UW

As usual I have left it to the last minute, we do the run on Sunday 19th. My companions (there are 5 of us) are on about padded pants and stoopid helmets, I recon 3 x 4 packs of the Black stuff should do the job.
ps what are you doing for Fathers day

Doh!

Many Thanks, Ade

CK & AK
15-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Go Ade, GO!!!! :D

Didge
16-06-2005, 08:25 AM
You'll be passing the end of my street in Smallfield then Ade. Every year, the roads are closed off here for this event. Except for us residents of course.
Good luck mate, but assuming your cycle is in the same state as your Monster, don't leave bits of it all over our roads when they fall off.

Ade
23-06-2005, 01:15 PM
well to retell the story would be boring so Ill keep it sweet.
It was hot damm hot, Everyone by the end had some sort of mohican underpant thing going on. The roads were melting the nearer we got to Brighton, and that was the last thing we needed, tyres sticking to the road. After all the initial bavardo of having a good old **** up on the way I was rightly discouraged. I died out there, after 30 miles I was done in, wearing the wrong gear I suffered from the heat, and felt **** for the last 24 miles, (sorry for not getting back to you welshman, it was 54 miles). I was also on a bike that was far to big so ive got such a sore chin rest, it dosent do to mention.
The day itself was very well organised and there were loads of peeps with sprinklers and water pistols hoses etc to give a good old cooling down, it did serve as an instant pick me up to get soaked with cold water. The roads were well policed and mainly co-ordened of, with loads of bike only lanes, did I mention it was hot.
Beacon Hill at Brighton after 44 miles they then throw that little bugger at you, it seemed like 40 o it might of well have been verticle. steep isnt strong enough. With an orange ice lolly to crown it at the top.
Time is a great healer at the time I said I would never do it again, Im now having thoughts of if I only did it like this or that would it be easier, must still be the heat. I finnished in just under 8 hours, a little disappointing, but I did finnish
Thanks Welshman and Stu.
We raised £40.00, I must work on my advertising campaign next tim...... it must be the sun.
Definatly one of those experience things, oh my poor arse

CK & AK
23-06-2005, 01:58 PM
oooh Ade we were thinking of you :eek: whils supping cold drinks in the garden :lol:

see you this w/end? ;) :D

Phoenix
23-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Give you my money later :D