PDA

View Full Version : A HUGE thanks from my Mum

Dave in USA
14-06-2005, 06:50 PM
An update for you all on the sponsored walk that my Mum & Sister did to raise some money for St Luke’s Hospice, the people who looked after my Dad before he passed away last year.

My Mum is almost 70; they walked along Hadrian’s Wall in the north of England….

As of today, they raised £4011 between them and they would like me to pass on their sincere thanks to all of you who donated some money to the cause.

Dave
www.prophotophotography.com

Rabbit
14-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Wow, that's an incredible total. Well done to them.

Dave in USA
15-06-2005, 01:40 PM
We can't believe how much was raised, it's a huge amount!

Thank's again to all who contributed.

Dave

The Kevlar Kid
15-06-2005, 01:52 PM
When is she cashing the cheques Dave, as I don't think mine has been yet?

Dave in USA
15-06-2005, 02:05 PM
When is she cashing the cheques Dave, as I don't think mine has been yet?

I think they were going into the bank this week, I'll ask her later on today tho.

Dave

madhatter
16-06-2005, 11:51 AM
An update for you all on the sponsored walk that my Mum & Sister did to raise some money for St Luke’s Hospice, the people who looked after my Dad before he passed away last year.....As of today, they raised £4011 between them and they would like me to pass on their sincere thanks to all of you who donated some money to the cause.

Wow, that's fantastic Dave! I lost my Dad also to cancer of the throat and the Macmillan Nurses were brilliant and really looked after him up to the end. In January this year I got everyone at work to sponsor me for a weight-loss fund. I dieted from January 6th until May 30th and also did two hours in a local Gym 4 nights a week. I managed to lose 42lbs in weight and also raised £280.00. Not bad for an organisation of only 45 people. ;)

Respect to your Mum and Sister! :D