PDA

View Full Version : Help ! Could anyone lend me....

Mrs Soup
14-06-2005, 12:57 PM
a rear brake clevice pin ?

It's the one which connects the rear brake pedal to the master cylinder. Don't ask me how it fell out - I have no idea. :confused: :(

I have ordered one but we all know how long parts can take to come in.

All this lovely weather and no bike...... :( :( :( :(

Mrs Soup
15-06-2005, 12:41 PM
:( :( :( :( No- one ...??? :( :( :( :(

slob
15-06-2005, 01:16 PM
I once did a temporary(get-ya-home) a GSX 1100 clutch linkage with a keyring, would that work... or even a nut,bolt and a couple of washers?

The Kevlar Kid
15-06-2005, 01:47 PM

Tell me about it - I'm on the wrong end of a six week wait for parts at the moment...

As Slob says, will a bolt not do as a temporary fix. You anly use the fronts anyway don't you :D ????

Mrs Soup
16-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestion chaps, It's quite a small diameter, but there may be something in the garage that will fit.

Funny thing with parts, Ducati Coventry have been sending me what they believe to be the right part by return. So far I have had two incorrect items, and am about to fax them the page from the manual with a big arrow to the right bit.

You're right I don't use the rear much, but it has taken to coming on by itself and heating up the rear disc, so I need to get the linkage right to sort the other problem. Goosed master cylinder I think.

norrie
16-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Mine also fell out.
The local dealer ordered the wrong part and then found one in the back room.
I would just use a small bolt.
Just dont tighten it right up.
Use a locknut.

Norrie.

dlloyduk
16-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Try any Pneumatics or Hydraulic dealer local to you. If they stock SMC , Festo they will have them on the shelf in most reasonable size place,s.
Or try RS components will probably have one- though probably at Ducati Prices.
A smaller place will probably give you it as it will cost them more to work out how to give you an invoice.

Bunny
16-06-2005, 05:51 PM
I've got a 6mm one from something Japanese if that will keep you going for a while ?

bigredduke
16-06-2005, 10:10 PM
a rear brake clevice pin ?

It's the one which connects the rear brake pedal to the master cylinder. Don't ask me how it fell out - I have no idea. :confused: :(

ducatipartsonline via ebay say they have one in stock!

Mrs Soup
17-06-2005, 07:58 AM
Thanks chaps and chapesses

Part ordered from Ducatsparesonline.