PDA

View Full Version : S4r/900/1000 gauges on a M750, is it possible

Devilish
11-06-2005, 08:04 AM
"Dear Ducati,

Im sorry i just dont find it acceptable that you dont fit a rev counter as standard, you silly italian types with your crazy designs and your fish smelling cities

Regards Nick J"

this is what i felt like writing to ducati earlier! so my question is, can the gauges from the higher cc monnies by transplantedonto my 750. Im sorry i just have to know where im revving to, i have a slight habbit of blowing up engines on my cars, and dont wont to risk it on the duke

any ideas chaps?

Nick

Spike
11-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Yes you can fit a rev counter to the 750 speak to stu at spares shack he should have some they just plug into the coil's electrics, the early 900's didn't have rev counters for a start.

crust
11-06-2005, 11:26 AM
minmalism, innit

You cant fit the clocks from later models as they have electronic speedo drive and allsorts of immobiliser wiring.

There's two types available for the earlier models.

One is a semi circular LED gauge that goes above the eejit lights.

The other is a complete new pod that you fit your speedo into, that one has a regular dial type rev counter in it. They come up on ebay from either spareshack or ducatisparesonline for £150.

:) Crust

Devilish
11-06-2005, 11:48 AM
ill probably go for the later of the too. i like to see exactly what revs im at, not to keen on idiot lights, bit takky for my tastes

cheerz bud

nick