PDA

View Full Version : lurv handles!

bigredduke
06-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks for all the info on pillion comfort (various threads) I shall probably invest in another seat when funds allow! In the meantime, I bought a Motrax love handles belt which fastens around my waist and has 2 rubber hand grips (bit like those on sports bags or rucksacks) around the kidney area. my wife found them a big improvement and I even took my 10 year old daughter for a spin and she was fine. Cost £15. I was surprised that the pillion did not pull too much on the belt & it was very comfortable to wear. They even said the seat was not so bad!

Nonnie
07-06-2005, 09:38 AM
my boyfriend had to invest in a pair of these after i broke my wrist. i have to say, they made me feel very safe and secure. when my daughter goes pillion, i will rest easier knowing she has these too to grab on to.

rxtim
07-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Seriously before buying a new seat, try one of the triboseat covers, they do one for all monsters.

M600TED
07-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Thanks for all the info on pillion comfort (various threads) I shall probably invest in another seat when funds allow! In the meantime, I bought a Motrax love handles belt which fastens around my waist and has 2 rubber hand grips (bit like those on sports bags or rucksacks) around the kidney area. my wife found them a big improvement and I even took my 10 year old daughter for a spin and she was fine. Cost £15. I was surprised that the pillion did not pull too much on the belt & it was very comfortable to wear. They even said the seat was not so bad!

Just make sure the buckle is at the back :eek: i always used to fasten mine at the front till a very experiance kind biker pointed out the errors in my ways :rolleyes:

bigredduke
07-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Good tip! I assume this is to stop the hard plastic buckle rubbing on the tank? Or have I misunderstood?

cerebus
07-06-2005, 02:16 PM
I think it's more to stop your loved one flying off the back with a belt in their hands if the buckle broke/came undone. At least that's my reasoning for wearing it that way round.

Cerebus the strapped

bigredduke
07-06-2005, 02:22 PM
So, if I ever take the mother-in-law for a spin, I know which way round the belt should go...........?

bigredduke
07-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Seriously before buying a new seat, try one of the triboseat covers, they do one for all monsters.

Do you know if the seat cowl will fit over the triboseat? it seems a pretty snug fit on the standard seat and that is quite smooth.

rxtim
07-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Really couldn't say to be honest. It is not exactly difficult put on and off anyway! It may be cheaper to buy the fairing protector stuff since it is the same material.

MrsJel
07-06-2005, 05:57 PM
I've just fitted the Triboseat on M1000. 13 yr old son managed to fit the seat cover back on over the top - it took a bit of patience though cos its not an easy fit.