PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here had the Louigi Moto exhaust mod?

Dave Pearson
06-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Oh well, my baby is safely tucked up at Louigi Moto's for it's service tomorrow. I am having a 14T front sprocket fitted, but they also offer an interesting mod to the exhaust which apparently gives good gains in the low to mid range grunt.
If they have the parts in stock, they will be fitting it before Mallory, so it should be a good test :burnout:
I think that they replace the intersection between the two exhausts with a much 'smoother jobby' (spot the technical phrase).

Has anyone here had this mod done? Is it a recommended mod?

Dave

Pedro
06-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Spoke to Rich about this a few weeks back while I was discussing big bore conversions. While the crossover scavenges well on a stock motor, removing the restiction lets it flow better at higher revs for a bit more top end. I've heard this suggested by a couple of tuners for Duke motors but never actually spoken to someone who's had is done apart from Rich who recommended it.

Ped

Dave Pearson
06-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Oh well, looks like I'm gonna be the guinea pig for this one. What better place to try it out than at Mallory (hopefully). I'll post up a report if they have got one in stock :burnout: :burnout: