PDA

View Full Version : 30A Fuse Keeps Blowing on 620ie dark

Andrew
06-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Help............please.... have read all other threads but none sound like my problem.
As soon as I turn the key to on it blows the 30A fuse. It did it once last month when pulling away hard from traffic lights and again just now on the drive when thumbing the starter. I changed the fuse but it just blew immediately, any ideas???

Thanx

Scotty
06-06-2005, 04:02 PM
might just be a short
have to check for bear wires touching the frame somehwere ?? sounds kinda obviouse
i hand have any other advice though sorry

bod
06-06-2005, 07:06 PM
JUst had a look at the wiring diagram and can't find a 30amp is it the large style maxi fuse or the normal size?
Let me the position/number of it in the fusae box and I may be of more help.

Andrew
06-06-2005, 07:17 PM
it is a normal sized fuse. On my fuse box they are all in order of rating from 2.5A on the left hand side to the 30A one at the end on the right hand side

It also says MASTER on the fuse box cover

russell
06-06-2005, 07:33 PM
I had a similar problem on my bike and found the starter sticking freed it off now all ok

Andrew
07-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Russell,
just put some wd40 on the starter button, just in case, and it worked. Changed the blown fuse and she started first time. Never noticed the starter button sticking before though.

Thanx for the other suggestions as well.............. I'm off for a ride... :lol: