PDA

View Full Version : Helllllllllllllpppp

M600TED
03-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Ive just changed my plugs on my M600 1995 and now she wont start? :( ive got all my lights etc but the starter will not kick in?
Anyone got any idea what could be wrong? :(
Ta Lee

Unit 18
03-06-2005, 04:52 PM
One of the most common reasons is the little plastic plug that goes into the back of the starter solenoid. There's nothing to retain it in place and they can work loose.
Possibly alarm prob?

Al.

M600TED
03-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Dumb question m8,were is it located?

Unit 18
03-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Under the battery tray, the plug goes in the back of the solenoid from the left. You could try pushing it in with a long screwdriver.
Just be careful you don't shove to hard or the positive terminal ( on solenoid) could touch the head, which would spoil your day.
Al.

M600TED
03-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Ta m8 worth a look :confused:

rich
03-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Ive just changed my plugs on my M600 1995 and now she wont start? :( ive got all my lights etc but the starter will not kick in?
Anyone got any idea what could be wrong? :(
Ta Lee

Hi there(old 600's)

If the solenoid just "clicks" then it may be faulty £25ish

(depends how handy you are) yuo can bye pass/short/dab the main

cable tetrminals and the starter will spin

also the switch wire conector corrodes and will not operate the solenoid

Hope this helps

rich

M600TED
03-06-2005, 07:09 PM
You guys are the best :) unit 18 you was spot on,it was the connection,so now i have another question for ya,

When i used the proper plug removal tool i was a bit suprised that it wouldnt fit the plugs on the bike but would fit the ones i got from ducati,the ones i took out were NGK DPR9EA weird eh?

Mr Cake
03-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Nowt unusual there. Some just have different nut sizes.

Dave

A Yerbury
03-06-2005, 07:22 PM
hmm that is a bit odd? the dpr9ea is the right plug (you may go for a dprea8 in cold weather)

Andy S
03-06-2005, 07:39 PM
:rolleyes: My tool kit plug spaner does not fit either. I always use NGK plugs, is that the reason?

I use a standard / box spaner for plug changes, you can get a set form any autofactor place.

Rockhopper
04-06-2005, 02:15 PM
NGK are 10mm, champion are 12mm or the other way around. I had to buy a new plug spanner as well.

DesmoDog
04-06-2005, 02:17 PM
I just use deep sockets - Am I doing something wrong?

bod
04-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Deep sockets are fine...just remember to torque it up correctly.

Unit 18
06-06-2005, 06:33 AM
Yup, as people have said, the Ducastrophy's all come with Champion plugs as standard but most people fit NGK's which have a smaller nut size.

Fosse Foxfight
06-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Deep sockets are fine...just remember to torque it up correctly.
Hmmm, to be honest torquing spark plugs is not the best way to go due to the sealing washers, which are designed to crush. They should be tightened to finger tight and then 1/2 to 3/4turn if new and 1/2 turn when removing and refitting.....yeah I know the manuals always quote torque figures, but in reality and lets face it with Ducs they're in and out at the side of the road quite a lot.....does anybody carry a torque wrench with them? On top of this the state of the thread in the cylinder head will be of differing condition on most bikes, so the finger tight plus 1/2 to 3/4 will probaly be a better guide for most.

Errrr Bod dude....its....the LIGHT that burns twice as bright burns half as long :cool:
No candles man no candles. Now wheres the pedantic c**t smiley :p

ta ra

DesmoDog
06-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Yeah,

I used to go on the finger tight rule - then i got a shiney new torque wrench and just had to use that. Then I stripped a horrible red alloy bolt on the engine casing, had a what if attack and went back to the finger rule.

Errrr Bod dude....its....the LIGHT that burns twice as bright burns half as long :cool:
No candles man no candles. Now wheres the pedantic c**t smiley :p

ta ra

Yeah, and I've seen attack craft burning off the twin moons or Orion, or something. Whatever! I still think the film noiresque dialogue over the original film is better than the directors cut - maybe its dumbing down, maybe not. And :bunny: for the **** of it.

Fosse Foxfight
06-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Yeah, and I've seen attack craft burning off the twin moons or Orion, or something. Whatever! I still think the film noiresque dialogue over the original film is better than the directors cut - maybe its dumbing down, maybe not. And :bunny: for the **** of it.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

ahem....yes DesmoDog I fear we are in the minority, the "original" with the narration is much more atmospheric, I've tried to get a copy of it for years.
You ever spot the major mistake?.....Leons interview?......I'll tell you bout my mother?...Let me tell you bout my mother...nah?

aaah well.....torque wrenches eh.....I remember once when I worked in a fishing shop in Ireland and the owner always used to say that the fishing tackle catches more fishermen than fish.....torque wrenches do have their place but for the most are a pale coloured proboscid. Right Im off to bolt on some glass discs with rubber bolts

ta ra me ducks....

DesmoDog
06-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Quoth like a true fan - I thought it was "so many tear in the rain" amazing how time and personal preference change things no? I have the original on now useless VHS, the quality is rather poor. As is my tape of the rather haunting theme music - although I do believe thats available on a CD of the soundtrack hitherto unavailable to us Limeys over the years. Have you read the book? As interpretations go I prefer the film, and that's a bloody rarity I can tell you. Well, except for Debbie does Dallas.

Fosse Foxfight
06-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Have you read the book? As interpretations go I prefer the film, and that's a bloody rarity I can tell you. Well, except for Debbie does Dallas.
Aaaa Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?....hehe no. I just loved the film as it struck some very interesting and rich veins of philosophical thought....hmmm Sean Young.....you would wouldnt you:) ;) :D :o :p :twisted: :rolleyes: :) :cool: :burnout:

DesmoDog
06-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Isn't Sean a bloke?

Fosse Foxfight
06-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Isn't Sean a bloke?
I am, she aint :D

http://www.seanyoung.org/