PDA

View Full Version : Nottingham to Peterborough to Norwich

Richy Rich
03-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Meeting a punter in Norwich on Monday and travelling over from Nottingham. I'm looking for a few good stretches of road. There is a bit of time pressure, but not too bad. Norwich at 10am ish. Any suggestions?
Cheers Rich

CraigMac
03-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Richy,
Im in Northwich, which is sometimes confused with Norwich. If you get a bit muddled up, give us a wave as your passing...or just call in untill you have composed yourself.....

Seeing a punter?? are you a male prostitute?

Regards

steviej
03-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Richy,
Im in Horwich, which is sometimes confused with Norwich. If you get a bit muddled up, give us a wave as your passing...or just call in untill you have composed yourself.....

Seeing a punter?? are you a male prostitute?

HEY, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN :confused: :confused: :confused:

A Yerbury
03-06-2005, 05:34 PM
well if you were you could festoon the local telephone box's with business cards for "whoreRich"

Alex.

ps. yes it is a bit obvious but I can not really be arsed and the archers is about to start.

Didge
03-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Richy,
I'm in Smallfield, which is never confused with Norwich. But if you get a bit muddled up, give us a wave as your passing...or just call in until you have composed yourself.....

By the way, if you do call in, please don't think of me as a punter, as male prozzie's are not my cup of tea, but if you are a female, I may be interested. Especially if there is a discount for a UKMOC member.

CraigMac
03-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Richy,
Your a busy lad and all that advice re the ladies has worked well and you seem to be putting it to a profitable use....Well done!!!

I take it that the Peterborough punter has not confirmed yet......Im sure she will.....

Good luck and keep safe...

Regards.

Ps.....Is Bob your pimp?....I noticed him wearing a Black Fedora and a leather trenchcoat the other day.....just a thought!!

A Yerbury
03-06-2005, 06:00 PM
I think our sage like advice has worked almost too well? keeping the naff comedy references going "have we created a monster?!"

Alex.

relax kids, my gutter is your ceiling so laugh it up punters.

Terry
03-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Ok Richy, here’s the route - not the shortest but there’s some good bits.
A606 Nottingham through Melton Mowbray to Oakham & fork right at mini roundabout at end of town centre. This is A6003 and crosses A47 at Uppingham to Corby. Go around Corby and head for Weldon where you turn right along A427 to Oundle. You go through Upper Benefield (30 limit & speed checks sometimes) then a great set of six bends on a downhill section which are all 90° and don’t tighten up. They are so good that you will want to turn round and try them again! From Oundle A605 which crosses A1 onto Peterborough ring road system and A47 to Wisbech but bear right at roundabout onto Wisbech by-pass. You then need a right turn to Downham Market which is a lovely fast road with a nice set of sweeping bends that are absolutely brilliant. Straight through Downham Market on A1122 and join A47 to Swaffham & Norwich. If you fancy a break I live just off the A605 past Oundle at Warmington so let me know and I'll give you directions. I work from home so will be there Mon morn.
That would be my route but have a look on the map and see if you’ve got time for it.
Terry

CraigMac
05-06-2005, 02:11 PM
I would have said the same...thats definatly the right way to go...without doubt...

Regards

Richy Rich
05-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks Terry,
What a forum, a delicate blend of useful advice and complete codswallop.
Cheers guys

Didge
06-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Thanks Terry,
What a forum, a delicate blend of useful advice and complete codswallop.
Cheers guys

Don't mention it....your welcome!