PDA

View Full Version : Clock trouble

Phil Gough
02-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Hello All
The bike is a 750 ie 02, the problem is a duff speedo, while cruising at speed, the bike lost no speed, but the speedo did ? on slowing down to a stop the speedo needle did not stop at zero, but carried on past it , it now points straight down, riding the bike now the speedo needle works but gives a false reading, quizzed m+s newcastle general consensus dead clocks ( at 7000 miles) new ones £378 ,ouch, got some 03, 620 ie ones via e-bay brand new in box £123 ,anyone know if these will go straight on? harness plug identical ,they look identical apart from the colour of the dials and needles.
Cheers Phil

JMo
02-06-2005, 08:47 PM
My rev counter did that once - the engine was ticking over, but the needle was resting at zero... turned it off, and back on again, and it cured itself (my dealer suggested it is always best to let the needles finish doing their sweep thing before starting the engine...)

As for your new clocks - they should fit straight on (CK got a set of '03 black clocks to replace the grey ones on her '02 750) - the only thing is, you'll have to get them coded to your bike's ECU so the immobiliser and everything works (there is a proceedure with the red key I believe - that any decent dealer should know how to do... just don't take it to Daytona it would seem x)

xxx