PDA

View Full Version : Pipes for my 600

Monny600
02-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Have been quoted £500 + for Arrow pipes by my local dealer in Boston, but I'm not sure about these. Are they classed as road legal? Other recommendations appreciated.

Mr Cake
02-06-2005, 12:59 PM
My Sils are for sale on eBay :D Or see the for sale section here! (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=12504)

Dave

Julie
02-06-2005, 01:05 PM
I have those sort of Sils and they are top banana!

Mr Cake
02-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Certainly are :D Good sound, and because they look like standard, only shorter, I've never been stopped by the federales with them either :)

Dave

MilesB
02-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Have been quoted £500 + for Arrow pipes by my local dealer in Boston, but I'm not sure about these. Are they classed as road legal? Other recommendations appreciated.
Monny
Are you concerned as to whether they are legal or not :rolleyes: , or is it just for 'academic interest' ;) :D
The critical question is 'Why do you want them?'

If you want the bike to sound 'better', then it is a fair bet that most road legal systems won't make a vast amount of difference. There are systems out there that are legal at low revs, but get a bit more fruity the higher you go (I think Quill make them like this - but not sure if they make for Monsters). You can also get some pipes with 'removable baffles'.

If you want more performance then you may face the same issues.

The standard Monster cans (those on my 900ie are made by Remus by the way) already sound loud compared with other similar bikes running original equipment :) , but have to be legal.

As for aftermarket cans, I use Termignoni's that I got from Nattyboy for £275 - thats a lot less than the quote you got for the Arrows. These are carbon fibre too :cool: . Personally I wasn't particularly bothered about any increase in power - the 900 goes quick enough for me :o . I just wanted to be able to hear my own bike when on rideouts :D ... mission accomplished :bunny: Lancaster bomber impressions are now possible ;)

Miles

Mand
02-06-2005, 01:17 PM
I have those sort of Sils and they are top banana!

The titanium ones ain't bad either! ;)

Mr Cake
02-06-2005, 01:20 PM
These are carbon fibre too :cool:
Never liked cardboard fibre cans.

Dave

JR
02-06-2005, 01:26 PM
I have got Sils as well - in fact taken them off the bike for a couple of weeks to give my head a rest (back on for the track day). My hearing aint good due to many years of riding without ear plugs, but even for me they are loud. Like Miles B - Lancaster Bombers spring to mind. For £100 plus p & p they are a steal.

JR

Mr Cake
02-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Cheers JR. I always use plugs with these things! I fired it up at work and one of my colleagues said that the last thing that pounded his chest like that was a Tornado jet fighter :D

Dave

MilesB
02-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Never liked cardboard fibre cans.
Dave
Each to their own :rolleyes: Looks good on my Dark IMHO

However, your Sils do sound like a good deal,
and I agree that they look better than carbon fibre on your Monster, given the colour of the bike.

Mr Cake
02-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Each to their own :rolleyes: Looks good on my Dark IMHO

However, your Sils do sound like a good deal :D

I reckon so. Its only because I got a good deal on some other cans.

Dave

Mr Cake
02-06-2005, 01:49 PM
17hrs to go on eBay. Currently £56 with 20 watchers. I predict a bidding war.

Thread hijack over :D

Dave