PDA

View Full Version : Riding to Track Day from London???

manc skank
01-06-2005, 05:51 PM
new to london, will get utterly lost. need help :cool:
any one riding up that i can follow? doesnt matter when, im in paddington :D
rick.

A Yerbury
01-06-2005, 05:56 PM
just go west innit. I may be doing a social whirl in town on sat so poss up for a ride to the track sunday -hangovers dependant.

A Yerbury
01-06-2005, 05:58 PM
sorry I thought you meant the desmodue on sunday

manc skank
01-06-2005, 05:59 PM
thanks anyway :p

steviej
01-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Yaw'right ar'kid...............

Just get on the A5 round the corner and it takes you, more or less, straight onto the M1 then head north. You need Junction 21 or 21A I think.............

.............good luck and no binning please :D

manc skank
01-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Yaw'right ar'kid...............

Just get on the A5 round the corner and it takes you, more or less, straight onto the M1 then head north. You need Junction 21 or 21A I think.............

.............good luck and no binning please :D

well....you say that. last time i followed you south, twas easy :cool:

JMo
01-06-2005, 10:20 PM
sorry I thought you meant the desmodue on sunday

Ben darling - there is fashionably late, and getting completely the wrong day...

Desmo Due is on Saturday (4th) at Castle Combe...

xxx

JMo
01-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Manc - if you want to stay off the motorway, you can just stay on the A5 all the way to Hinkley, then the A47 towards Liecester and you go right past the turning for Mallory...

xxx

manc skank
02-06-2005, 07:30 AM
Manc - if you want to stay off the motorway, you can just stay on the A5 all the way to Hinkley, then the A47 towards Liecester and you go right past the turning for Mallory...

xxx

thanks Jen, looks like i might have to do that :) can't believe no london monsters are going?!

A Yerbury
02-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Ben darling - there is fashionably late, and getting completely the wrong day...

Desmo Due is on Saturday (4th) at Castle Combe...

xxx

I am now up to speed, on message and screaming from the same page of the hymn book, as always your firm yet, inforomative tutelage has me on the right track.

Bendy.xxx

JMo
02-06-2005, 08:50 AM
thanks Jen, looks like i might have to do that :) can't believe no london monsters are going?!

Too busy hang out at Bar Italia and looking kool - eh?

If I'm riding up (with Flip), then we'll be going a little further west via Windsor, Oxford and Banbury - a great ride in itself - so you are welcome to hook up with us, however, I might be trailering my bike up (shock horror!) along with the XR as I want go on to Wales after the track day...

I'll let you know...

xxx

Julie
02-06-2005, 12:07 PM
If I'm riding up (with Flip), then we'll be going a little further west via Windsor, Oxford and Banbury - a great ride in itself - so you are welcome to hook up with us, however, I might be trailering my bike up (shock horror!) along with the XR as I want go on to Wales after the track day...

I'll let you know...

xxx

So who you going to Wales with? anyone Nice?

SAMMYE
02-06-2005, 12:13 PM
So who you going to Wales with? anyone Nice?

Nosey :lol:

manc skank
02-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Too busy hang out at Bar Italia and looking kool - eh?

I'll let you know...

xxx

cool beans, its all good :cool:

slob
02-06-2005, 01:48 PM
... can't believe no london monsters are going?!
I'm going, I'm just not going from London as I'm in Brum the day before.

craigie
02-06-2005, 09:06 PM
can't believe no london monsters are going?!

I'm heading up the day before, am also very good at getting lost so maybe between us we may get there just in time for the briefing....

Craig

marchesini
02-06-2005, 10:07 PM

I'm heading up the day before, am also very good at getting lost so maybe between us we may get there just in time for the briefing....

Craig

I'll be going up in the car and I'm pretty sure that Gary T will be going up on his bike now that I've let him down on the trailer front. :lol: I did give him a laugh though as I thought I would be organised for once and went and booked a room ready for the big day - except I booked it for Tuesday evening - don't ask.

Anyway Craigie, no lift back in the van this year (it is no more) but I guess I'll either see you there, at the Burger King/Golden Arches somewhere on the M1 or being passed en-route while I sit in traffic.

You know where to find me if you need any help,

best regards

simon

manc skank
02-06-2005, 10:12 PM

Craig

maybe :) what time you leaving? i reckon i can find my way on to the M1... but 160 miles on highway is gonna be kak

JMo
02-06-2005, 11:07 PM
I'll be riding up now, as I can't get the Monny on the trailer without taking chunks out of the bellypan (or buying a longer loading ramp, for a trailer which isn't mine)...

Flip will be coming up too from the south (any others btw?) - but not leaving until lunchtime... still we could all hook up aroung 2.30pm Windsor/Maidenhead and go the nice way?

xxx

manc skank
03-06-2005, 07:23 AM
I'll be riding up now, as I can't get the Monny on the trailer without taking chunks out of the bellypan (or buying a longer loading ramp, for a trailer which isn't mine)...

Flip will be coming up too from the south (any others btw?) - but not leaving until lunchtime... still we could all hook up aroung 2.30pm Windsor/Maidenhead and go the nice way?

xxx

that lunch time wednesday? ...ill have a word wid da boss :cool:

slob
03-06-2005, 07:42 AM
or buying a longer loading ramp, for a trailer which isn't mine
random scafolding plank?

craigie
03-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Anyway Craigie, no lift back in the van this year (it is no more) but I guess I'll either see you there, at the Burger King/Golden Arches somewhere on the M1 or being passed en-route while I sit in traffic.

You know where to find me if you need any help,

best regards

simon

I'll see ya there man, have you got a complete bike yet?

cheers

Craig

craigie
03-06-2005, 06:53 PM
maybe :) what time you leaving? i reckon i can find my way on to the M1... but 160 miles on highway is gonna be kak

I sang Leonard Cohen songs all the way last time, oh happy days...

probably head off middayish, may even try a more scenic less mundane way this time, possibly tag along with Jenny.....don't know yet.

cheers

Craig

manc skank
03-06-2005, 10:44 PM
balls, work is giving me ****e, might only be able to leave at 6:30pm :( so if any one hears a desperate lost phonecall from a skank...be kind :p