PDA

View Full Version : Change HeadLamp Bulb

rxtim
01-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Right, this has me stumped.

How do I change the headlamp bulb, my owner's manual says to slacken the screw, then it shows the main unit separated. How do you separate it?

Zimbo
01-06-2005, 05:23 PM
They can be a tight fit, but once the screw is loose at the bottom of the rim you should be able to prise the rim off the bowl, working from the bottom. The top is located by a lug, so you need to seperate from the bottom. A couple of flat bladed screwdrivers works for me ...

Scotty
01-06-2005, 05:29 PM
seems incredably simple from looking at owners manual but anyway , with my limited powers of description,

there is 1 screw to slacken / undoo untill its 'free' at the bottom front of the lamp unit (not the two at the side) its in the chrome trim you can then pull the bottom forwards slightly and un-hitch the top

it may be easyer with the fairing off or the headlight unbolted from the bike

rememememeber dont grease the new bulb with your fingers

A Yerbury
01-06-2005, 05:53 PM
be careful when prising (not sure about the old spelling there kids) as you dont want to be scratching the paint and they do seem to need a bit of a prise, something blunt needed like Anne Widdecombe.

OgriUK
01-06-2005, 06:21 PM
;)
tim i cant believe you asked that... :D :D :D
ifn you do manage to nack the paint or owt let me know i picked a good monny headlamp unit up at the bmf will swap it at geoffs this weekend for yours.. :)