PDA

View Full Version : black gold vs the camshaft gasket

A Yerbury
30-05-2005, 06:58 PM
bit of a drip drip like a Doberman on heat, do they still do the standard gasket? a metal one? or just 3bond? there are also 4 holes which seem to contain/are connected to the oil system oil as well?

any advice/soiled underwear greatly appreciated.

Alex.

ps this is not the valve covers but the yerbury/doberry on the side.

steviej
30-05-2005, 08:14 PM
bit of a drip drip like a Doberman on heat, do they still do the standard gasket? a metal one? or just 3bond? there are also 4 holes which seem to contain/are connected to the oil system oil as well?

any advice/soiled underwear greatly appreciated.

Alex.

ps this is not the valve covers but the yerbury/doberry on the side.

Sorry matey, can't help with the 'FLANGE' sealant.................

............but I did find some soiled 'G String'(s) in a old intered coffin today :eek:

A Yerbury
30-05-2005, 08:43 PM
err cheers Bernard!

Alex.

steviej
30-05-2005, 09:01 PM
err cheers Bernard!

Alex.
me thinks you've mistaken me for Bernard, my next door neighbour's, friend's, uncle's, sister's dog twin puppy from the Alpine region of the Swiss/Italian region of the glorious EU...............

A Yerbury
31-05-2005, 06:46 PM
boing, come on someone must know?! otherwise I'll have to phone Betty.

Alex.

crust
31-05-2005, 07:23 PM

The four holes are the ends of the rocker shafts.

As for the gasket, dont know.

Measure the diameter of the center boss.
Take one cereal box, cut out circular hole the size of center boss.
Smear grease thinly over the gasket face of the Camshaft cover, place cereal box hole over the boss and gently press down onto grease.
Remove box and - presto - on the box will be a grease picture of the gasket you need.
Carefully cut out the necessary holes.
Ta da
One gasket.
A smear of grease on both faces, job done.

Of course, you could go to an autofactors and buy gasket paper

:) Crust

A Yerbury
31-05-2005, 10:23 PM
sounds like an idea, did similar years ago with a plastic pig, plus ca change etc

ta.
Alex.