PDA

View Full Version : Saturday June 4th - Castle Combe DD

JMo
27-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Just incase you've been missing doing the miles, the Hampsters and Berks are planning on going to Castle Combe (Wilts) to watch the second round of the Desmo Due series (we know a few of the racers don'tcha know x)

It will be an early start for most of us - the plan is to meet at Winchester (see thread in Hants Events if going directly there) for 9am - so that means Sussexites meeting at 7.30am at Bury Hill to allow us good time to get there - it will be worth it of course!

Hope to see you there!

JennyMo

xxx

PS. Entrance fee is £10 for the day at the Castle Combe circuit.

A Yerbury
27-05-2005, 11:53 PM
I must admit that I have never really enjoyed motorsports on the television (unless It involves Americans in "monster" trucks trying to kill themselves) But this sounds intriguing? so I will probably make an appearance.

Alex.

walkingpictures
28-05-2005, 12:58 AM
Heyy..go for it Jennymo and have a great time...know you will give Lin lots of support.......she's a great girl and she deserves our love and best wishes....sorry I can't be there because I will be in the Isle of Man but my thoughts will be with Lin and you all.........enjoy!!!

Kimbo xxx :) :) :)

rattler
28-05-2005, 02:30 PM
It would be great to get some support.

I am racing and know that I spend most of my forum time on the DSC site, but there's no better place for a Monnie owner than here.

Tim

gary tompkins
28-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Did hope to get down to cheer Lin on, but a well abused clutch on the monster has other ideas :rolleyes: Don't want to risk blowing whats left of my clutch plates and miss out on tracktime at Mallory in a few day time, so I'll have to play safe & pass on the DD race at Casle Coombe unfortunately :(

JMo
28-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Don't want to risk blowing whats left of my clutch plates and miss out on tracktime at Mallory in a few day time

Stick a new clutch in it you big puff - it'll only take you half an hour x

xxx

gary tompkins
29-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Stick a new clutch in it you big puff - it'll only take you half an hour x

xxx

Half an hour eh?... I think not actually :p

Both the plates and outer basket are knackered, and it will take me a lot longer than 30 mins to swap a clutch basket + plates (ask Pedro) :rolleyes:

Putting a fresh set of plates in a worn basket is a no-no, as it will do the new plates no good at all. I'll also be looking at the best part of £200 vanishing from my bank account for new parts, which on top of £400 I've just coughed up for a major service will leave me overdrawn by the end of the month.

Not had a credit card for over 10 years, and won't entertain blowing cash I don't have on plastic any more, so Castle Coombe may have to be missed in favour of Mallory.

Pedro (Hero) has offered to post me a part worn set of plates, but it's debateable that I'll have them in time for next weekend. Also we have the Kenties 1st of the month meet that Sunday, so I'll (yet again) have to pick & choose which one I want to attend.

So many events - so few weekends - Ho Hum ;)

JMo
29-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Also we have the Kenties 1st of the month meet that Sunday, so I'll (yet again) have to pick & choose which one I want to attend.

Castle Combe is on the Saturday (4th)...

Fair point about sorting your clutch - although I was actually more worried about it going pop on the trackday...

See you soon anyway...

xxx

SAMMYE
29-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Rear's almost bare in center so as long as I can sort out a new couple of tyres would like to go to this!

Jmo - Couldnt give me a map location of Bury hill puuurrrlllleeeaaaassseee x

JMo
29-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Jmo - Couldnt give me a map location of Bury hill puuurrrlllleeeaaaassseee x

Sure - see the pic below... The carpark is by the roundabout where the A284 joins the A29 (little blue arrow thingy)...

However, it will be a really early start for you if you are to get there for 7.30am - it might be better you go directly to Winchester and meet us and Pedro & Co there at 9am... you could take the M25 then the A3 (J10 M25) and A31, or stay on the M25 until the M3 and go that way (dull, but fast) - you need to come off the M3 at J9 (that's the A34 junction), and follow signs for Winnall/Winchester Town Centre - the Shell garage is just down there on the RHS.

Either way, hope to see you there!

xxx