PDA

View Full Version : S4 Battery Leaks

Perryl
27-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Hi,

I've just discovered that my battery has somehow been leaking and caused damage to the cylinder head and crankcase.

I've replaced tha battery but kept the old one so that I can have it inspected if need be. I understand that this is a known problem with 02 S4s with the GS battery.

Has anyone else contacted Ducati with this problem and got anywhere? My bike is now out of warrenty but I still think that this isn't acceptable (bloody stupid place to put the battery!).

I will take it up with them anyway and let you now how I get on.

Regards

Perry

Scotty
27-05-2005, 03:33 PM
yup this happened to us just the other day :(

but minimal dammage to mine before i spoted it , dont see cylinder head and me engine cases are looknig scabby from flaking paint now anyway

S4 MAD
27-05-2005, 03:53 PM
yep happened to mine as well after a lot of grief my local ducati dealer
sorted the prob new battery and casing.
you may find you have to push youre dealer as i found
most ducati dealers seem to have an alergic reaction to the
word warranty.
SYMPTEMS.

1. they look at fault.
2 go pale.
3. tell you they sort it.
4. seem unable to pick up phone.
5. then seem to forget all about the origianel fault.
:burnout:
l

Perryl
28-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Trouble is, the first time is noticed something was in January. I assumed that it was caused by salt from the roads. Washed the bike and thought no more of it. It wasn't until I lifted the tank that I noticed something was wrong.

A Yerbury
28-05-2005, 03:08 PM
I have heard about this, is it to do with the way the batt is mounted? it's not sideways or something equally ridiculous?

Alex.

Perryl
28-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Yes, it is on its side directly above the top cylinder and just underneath the fuel tank close to the petrol pipe :eek:

A Yerbury
28-05-2005, 09:29 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm genius. good luck. I painted my old engine but this was a cheap old 600 that needed it, if I were you I would write some letters and get "a bit cross" good luck.

Alex.

ps s4 owners check yours?