PDA

View Full Version : DesmoDue, 4th of June, Castle Coombe - The Plan!!

Pedro
26-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Okey Dokey then, seems like a bit of interest!

Here's the plan:-

Hampsters to meet at the Shell Service Station on the M3 & A34 Junction at Winchester at 9.00am. The service station is opposite the big Tescos about 150yrds from the main M3/A34 Junction on the way into Winchester. We can cut across through Stockbridge, Andover, and Luggershall etc to get to Marlborough - nice fun bit of road!

I've spoken to Natty Boy and agreed we would meet him at Marlborough, in the main square, at around 10.00am then head to castle coombe. "Fatty" Boy is having brekkie in Marlborough so if we get there a little early, we can get a cuppa.

Perhaps the Berks Massive (all three of them...!) could meet us in Marlborough too, and of course anyone else who'd like to tag along.

Look forward to seeing ya'll!

Ped

JMo
27-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Hee hee you'll be going some to get from Winchester to Marlborough in under an hour, but I'm game...

Will round up a few mileage munchers from these parts too if I can - I hope Flip will have his bike back together at least!

See you at the Shell in Winny for 9am...

xxx

psychlist
27-05-2005, 07:49 PM
See y'all there then :burnout:

BoozyBOB
27-05-2005, 10:30 PM
good call Pedro... :cool:
cheers mate...see you there :twisted: :bunny:

Pedro
29-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Boing!

Come on Hampsters, who's coming along?

Ped

Andy S
29-05-2005, 09:55 PM
:bunny: Hello Pedro 'in guys

I'm up for ride to The Combe. I've been out of things big time due to work and a like :( its bit of a dull story but I'll bend your ear on the ride out West :rolleyes:

My roots are in Bristol and Combe my old local cct, so love the place. Was a good cct untill they slowed it down with to many "safety chicanes" . Oh for the days of formula Libra cars doing an Average lap of 130mph! :cool:
The place is has been smartened up big time recently, good cafe and modern bog houses..or does that make them wash-rooms? There is 2 new buildings that have flat roofs for spectator viewing, and that was nice :D
Right see you guys at A34 / M3 Jnt. In my out of touch non-ukmoc days, er weeks I actually seviced my front forks, 487cc of new top-tech fork oil is brill' now I'm sorted and riding again :o
see you guys soon Andy S in Camberley

BoozyBOB
01-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Where are all the Hampsters.. :confused:
the sun has been ordered show your interest.. :)

Pedro
01-06-2005, 10:22 PM
I think we've been deserted Bob, I'm sure there used to be more...

I hope Sussex turn up!

JMo
01-06-2005, 10:31 PM
I think we've been deserted Bob, I'm sure there used to be more...

I hope Sussex turn up!

I know how you feel... there'll be Jim and I, oh, except even Jim can't make it this Saturday...

I'll bring Piglet if that helps...

xxx

A Yerbury
01-06-2005, 11:07 PM
I may be up and about waving my pom poms.

when does all the "and they are off" start?

Benedictine monkey.x

slob
02-06-2005, 08:21 AM
I believe racing starts at 1130 with practice at 0830.

Is the main square in Marlborough obvious/easy to find?
this isn't much help
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=418750&y=169250&z=1&sv=418750,169250&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=418500&ay=169500
hope to see Natty and Hampsters at 1000.
Is there a cafe on the main square or do we need to look further afield?

Phoenix
02-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Be nice to see you guys :) The ukmoc contingent will put up a good show i'm sure :D
Don't forget to come and say Hi - and will someone bring lots of duct tape so I can tape Nbs up and hide him in the showers ? :twisted:

BoozyBOB
02-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Slob...you cant miss the main Sq..dont know about cafe ..but if Natty-boy is there he will sniff one out..

Lin... i can bring a big roll of cling film..much more fun for Nbs... ;) (and you)

Pedro... is the meet in Winchester the road we come from Four Marks?? (A31)
is it off J9 or 10 as i will be on the A33 from B'stoke.. :bunny: :burnout:

NBs
02-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Oi! What's going on!!

Leave the climg film for after the racing eh bobby ;)

Andy S
02-06-2005, 05:58 PM
:burnout: The weather / climate for satuday is looking good to sunny. Castle Combe and west country having it best ;)
Should be a Brill run over and more.

From Marlborough on are we A4 roading it?

there's a few cameras around Chippenham I think.

Roll on sat
nht Andy S

james t
02-06-2005, 06:56 PM
I would be there if I could.

I have to be in Redhill by 5.30pm and unless someone has a helicopter I don't think I could make it in time.

Regards James t. ;)

JMo
02-06-2005, 07:02 PM
is the meet in Winchester the road we come from Four Marks?? (A31)
is it off J9 or 10 as i will be on the A33 from B'stoke.. :bunny: :burnout:

Bob, if you are coming down the A33, then after it merges with the A34, you reach the roundabout over the M3 (J9) - go round that roundabout and back over the M3 and head into Winchester, and the Shell garage is a couple of hundred yards down there on the right, after the next roundabout at the trading estate/supermarket...

xxx

rich
03-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Boing!

Come on Hampsters, who's coming along?

Ped

HI all

Will check the sky in the morning

may see you in winch

rich

Pedro
03-06-2005, 10:30 PM
The cafe in Marlborough is called the Polly Tea Room I think.

There's likely to be a scruffy black S4R outside with a Del Boy lookalike stuffing breakfast in his face inside :lol:

Ped

Pedro
04-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Good to see everyone today, hope you all got home without getting wet!

Ped

Julie
04-06-2005, 05:48 PM
how did it go?

BoozyBOB
04-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Great day indeed....
Lin you are a star..x..

Apart from Pedro feeling cold..(and saying 'it looks like it will rain' ) for most of the day we stayed dry..was a good show of Monsterers..
hope you all got home safe..

BoozyBOB
04-06-2005, 05:56 PM
i hope others took some pics...

pete
04-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Yep, great day out indeed... the other star of the day has to be crust ("I only came to watch the racing!") for the carb strip inbetween races, and finding out where those little washers go :cool:

Great to see you all again, no rain for crust and I on the way back, just alot of threatening clouds.

Bob I've got a couple of pics, I'll try and post 'em up later.

Malborough certainly new the monsters were out today :D

Cheers,

Pete

Great day indeed....
Lin you are a star..x..

Apart from Pedro feeling cold..(and saying 'it looks like it will rain' ) for most of the day we stayed dry..was a good show of Monsterers..
hope you all got home safe..

JMo
04-06-2005, 07:27 PM
What a great day out!

Of course there was only piglet and I at Bury Hil, and only Boozy and Pedro whe I arrived at Winchester - but they soon came in, and by the time we got to Marlborough there were at least a dozen Monsters, while Duncan and his crowd met us at the circuit - must have been a good 20 UKMOCers there today - yea!

Lin had fuelling problems in practice and the first race, but in the second race after lunch the bike seemed much better (thanks to Crusty's carb skills) and she felt much happier with the suspension adjustments too...

Personally I had a great run home with AndyS, Rich and Nick C (& girlfriend) - across the top of Salisbury plain, followed by an utter hoon with Nick along the A272 and down to Chichester - two up he was, and came past me like I was on the XR...

He has indeed been known to hoon!

See you all again soon...

JennyMo

xxx

PS. Slob - £60 is on the table still... x

FB - don't you dare ebay that bodywork! x

CK & AK
04-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Good to see some of you today (long time no see Boozy, Duncan & JR! :p ) even tho the van looked like a helmet park by late morning! :eek: - Alan was wondering about getting some racing cash back from Ebay :lol:

Good days racing for us, and glad Lin was happier in the 2nd race with the set-up.

:)

fatbloke
04-06-2005, 07:46 PM
FB - don't you dare ebay that bodywork! x
anyone want to buy some cheap panels
ie seat cowl &
side panels
oh and yes a side stand

dont worry Jen I'll bring them for your inspection on Thursday

pete
04-06-2005, 09:17 PM
My paltry offering on the pic front. Plenty of Monsterers in the background...

rich
04-06-2005, 09:26 PM
thanks to all for a great day out

rich

slob
04-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Slob - £60 is on the table still
gimme a chance, you'll be first on the list if I don't get on with them.

scrumpster
04-06-2005, 09:39 PM
It was nice to see you lot again today, even if I was in my car - great racing too, what a brave bunch of loonies I say!!! ;)

BoozyBOB
05-06-2005, 10:59 AM
CK & AK did well...10 on the grid and finished 7th in the first race...i think...(sure CK will correct me.. ;) )...sorry did not get result from race 2... :rolleyes: ...

none of the pics i took of C and A worked... :(

for those that got my stand pads...call it a pressi from Boozy...
cheers all..

Andy S
05-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Hello Guys, Thanks Pedro & Bob (Bob, hope you got home ok after slit after Derry Hill =confusion :burnout: ) I'm an ass for not getting out more. Now I'm sort job, time and monies wise.

Good ride over to Combe and back, NO rain blimey :rolleyes:

The races were good, it looked tuff going out on the track :cool:

I'm in recovery mode at present after heavy party night. Arms ache a bit from ride and head aches from...as for my eyes, girlies... :p :bunny:

I best wake up and check out my pics to..then Moto GP Italiano :bunny:

Many thanks everyone Andys ...more photos soon got to see Moto GP on tv

Andy S
05-06-2005, 01:47 PM
here's rest of pic's now I've calmed down :bunny: from another Rossi Moto-Master Class, can't they get him on a Ducati? some how please? :rolleyes:

some pics are a bit to "glamorous"...High-def and large so will do yahoo album link.
Andy S...those yummy Moto GP pitlane Babes / girlies Oh-Uh :bunny: :burnout:

Andy S
05-06-2005, 02:21 PM
here goes for the link to rest of Combe photos, hope this works :lol:

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/andyangloaztec/album?.dir=/7175&.src=ph&.tok=phz9aGDBy.UktnPy

you should be able to down load them from there if wanted, Andy S

CK & AK
05-06-2005, 03:13 PM
CK & AK did well...10 on the grid and finished 7th in the first race...i think...(sure CK will correct me.. ;) )...sorry did not get result from race 2... :rolleyes: ...

ok, correction needed Bob ;)

Grid place 10th:
1st race - after a good 'tusstle' with Fil2 finished 5th
2nd race: finished 7th

a really good result, as beaten in first race by only 2004 model 620's :D

Mrs Snot strikes back for the older M600's :cool:

Next round at Snetterton last Sat in June - but only 1 afternoon race: a 30 minute time trial :eek:

and to help identify the bikes in Andy's second post of 5 pics,they are as follows:
Pic 1: Psychlist's M600, which is expertly prepped by James (Jamcoly)
Pic 2: Phoenix's beloved Max M600
Pic 3: A sounds of thunder duke from LouigiMoto's stable
Pic 4: CK & AK's 'Mrs Snot' M600
Pic 5: Rattler's M620

C :burnout:

Phoenix
05-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Some nice photo's there :)

Was good to see all who came - sorry I didn't quite do it for the 583's yesterday but roll on Snetterton - more practice and clean carbs.