PDA

View Full Version : 4th June Castle Combe

crust
24-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Am thinking of going to Castle Combe to watch the Desmo people wizz round.

Saturday the 4th June.

Could go North of the M4 for a cotswold cruise and meet with Nattybwoy in the Swindon hood which might mean an early dept (if he's going of course ;) )

or could take an A4 route?

Any takers?

:) Crust - successfull negotiation of MOT permitting

pete
24-05-2005, 11:01 PM
I've been thinking about that one as well Crust, would love to do it. Count me in if the weather looks half reasonable :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Pete

Pedro
25-05-2005, 06:31 AM
Crust

the Hampster and guests should be going along. I spoke to Natty Boy a couple of weeks ago about this and he said he was up for it. I'll give him a shout and try and sort a meet point or two for different areas.

You the berkshire rep now?

Ped

crust
25-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Pedro, nice one, we could meet him near where we split up the other sunday or wherever

Pete, nice one. The weather things a given, cant be bothered with getting wet.

Anyone else?

Gwyndaff?

:) Crust

walkingpictures
25-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Would love to join you guys but will be across the water in the Isle of Man ;)

If Pete gets his arse outa bed early after a late night Saturday session in the pub then miracles DO happen :rolleyes: :eek:

Phoenix will love the support so have a great time and enjoy the ride out,here's hoping for dry roads for you all.

Kimbo :) :) :)

crust
25-05-2005, 08:42 PM
If Pete gets his arse outa bed early after a late night Saturday session in the pub then miracles DO happen :rolleyes: :eek:

it wont be a miracle he needs, it'll be a time machine

we're going on saturday :D

have a good time on the island

crust
27-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Marlborough meet it is then

A spot of brekkie/coffee/smoke/natter in Marlborough could be good, so need to get there for 9.30

That means leaving Reading around 8.18-8.30 for a run down the A4

Pete, in the absence of any other people signing up for this, I'm thinking the petrol station by the gorge cafe is the place to meet.

pete
30-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Sounds good Crust,
well apart from the time :eek: Have to set the alarm for sure :rolleyes: A4 is fine by me, that's a nice run once you get past Newbury. Give me a call nearer the time when we have a better guess at the weather....

Cheers,

Pete

Marlborough meet it is then

A spot of brekkie/coffee/smoke/natter in Marlborough could be good, so need to get there for 9.30

That means leaving Reading around 8.18-8.30 for a run down the A4

Pete, in the absence of any other people signing up for this, I'm thinking the petrol station by the gorge cafe is the place to meet.

BoozyBOB
01-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Reading Monsterers... :eek:
if you are going A4..remember the camera as you get into Woolhampton..(op garage..)..also for the last 3 Sat and Sundays there is a mobile unit when you leave Woolhampton...anywhere between the end of that big lay-bye on the left..(at the start of the gravel pits) and the Berkshire Arms pub..(first roundabout)..
i go that way to work...there are red notices tied to the lamp posts..(must be a new legal thingy)..telling you off 'police opperations'

Phoenix
02-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Glad you are coming to watch boys :) I'm sure the ukmoc contingent will do quite well here. :D

Marky
03-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Crust & Pete,

I may be up for a ride from sunny Slough. Where you meeting in Reading? Otherwise I could meet you all in Marlborough for 10am.

I may need to get home for mid-afternoon so I may not actually do Castle Combe, will know tomorrow. If I can't do the races at least it'll be a good rideout!

Cheers
Marky

pete
03-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Marky,
I'm not sure if I can go tomorrow now, and won't know until later today. Crust and I were going to meet at the petrol station by the Gorge cafe. You go over Caversham bridge and turn right at the roundabout (Richfield avenue) and the garage is right there on the left. The plan was to meet at around 8:15 - 8:30.

I'll post up this evening wether I am going or not, or if you pm me your phone number I'll call you.

Cheers,

Pete

Crust & Pete,

I may be up for a ride from sunny Slough. Where you meeting in Reading? Otherwise I could meet you all in Marlborough for 10am.

I may need to get home for mid-afternoon so I may not actually do Castle Combe, will know tomorrow. If I can't do the races at least it'll be a good rideout!

Cheers
Marky

crust
03-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Guys

Here's the latest.

Pete
I will leave mine and be in the petrol station by the gorge cafe between 8.00 and 8.15am.

Marky
Will be at Junction 12 M4 ( up the off ramp and park nearest safe place on left) between 8.20ish and 8.30am

If either of you post up you're going I'll wait for you. Any other suggestions for times/meets then post them up.

Marky
03-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi Crust,

I know Theale very well as I work there so instead of waiting on carriageway how's about MacDump's in the SaveCentre? Leave 8:30?

I'll PM you me mobile.

pete
03-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Crust,
got the work finished today (phew..) so am available tomorrow but I'm not sure about this weather. Looks a bit dodgy. Want to make a decision in the morning because I'm not up for a soaking tomorrow ? Are you going even if it looks sh*te tomorrow ?

Cheers,

Pete

Guys

Here's the latest.

Pete
I will leave mine and be in the petrol station by the gorge cafe between 8.00 and 8.15am.

Marky
Will be at Junction 12 M4 ( up the off ramp and park nearest safe place on left) between 8.20ish and 8.30am

If either of you post up you're going I'll wait for you. Any other suggestions for times/meets then post them up.

fatbloke
03-06-2005, 07:49 PM
if its dry I'll be there not sure where mc'd's is or J12 but hopefully I'll meet up with someone

pete
03-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Terry,
M4 J12 is the A4 Reading/Theale junction. The McD is a few hundred yards on the A4 towards Reading - left at the first R/B.

Prayer mat out for good weather as I've just lubed my chain ;)

cheers,

Pete

if its dry I'll be there not sure where mc'd's is or J12 but hopefully I'll meet up with someone

fatbloke
03-06-2005, 08:58 PM
thanks pete

pete
03-06-2005, 09:25 PM
OK, latest from me....

Crust, I'll meet you at the Gorge unless you call me to stay in bed because it's p*ssing down. I'll need to fuel up there as I'm on empty at the moment so I'll try and get there early.

Marky, Terry, hope to see you at McD for around 8:30 !

Cheers,

Pete

Marky
03-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Hi Pete,

You can fuel up at station next door to MacDumps..........

Cheers!

crust
04-06-2005, 12:03 AM
nice one Pete

see you at the gorge

cept I've lost your phone number so I'll be at the gorge

Have pm'd you my mobile, give me a ring if you're not going

Bunny
04-06-2005, 02:35 AM
Praying for sunshine.... it's 3.30 and it's chucking it down in Dorset :(
Then again it did this yesterday afternoon, and by 6 all the roads were bone dry :)
Off to work now, may see people later if the sun comes out :D