PDA

View Full Version : the good, the bad, an the ugly..

OgriUK
24-05-2005, 09:52 PM
thats good as in zx12r(good at everything), bad as in s4r(like a sorta michael jackson baaaad...no not feeling up kids an stuff..baaad..like really, really good), an ugly as in my lovely zx9r..i spent tonight putting on the headlight and bits i picked up from the bmf along with the indicators i got from kwik kwak..also got a mph speedo from the bmf instead of the kph one it hadonnit..dnt halfride well that bike an the big ol headlight with a 100/90 fitted is marvellous..last thing peeled off the ninja stickers and went out practising wheelies on the parkway....cant wait to get it painted black...

steviej
24-05-2005, 10:18 PM
........and ugly as in my lovely zx9r........

Ugly's not innit ar'kid :D :p

OgriUK
24-05-2005, 10:34 PM
:D :D
its a minger..going to tyry to keep it for a winter bike but it hurts my eyes so..

steviej
24-05-2005, 10:40 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

A Yerbury
24-05-2005, 11:02 PM
it really is pig ugly....I dont know what you can do with it either? it's like a giant zr7!

Richy Rich
25-05-2005, 08:08 AM
I think it's great Ogri. That is a bike that is begging to be ridden like a complete hooligan. Even I'd feel tough on it - I'd have to get rid of the white helmet and high viz yellow jacket though.

OgriUK
25-05-2005, 08:35 AM
richy rich, your the first person i know whos said summat nice about me bike..i owe you a pint :)
an your right it feels tough(an will look tougher once its painted black), but better than that it musta sat in a warehouse for a long while or summat..its only done 6k, discs are still new thickness with no signs of wear, suspension still works well, handles very well, got new tyres(albeit poxy 020s) motors strong..an so far its cost me 1400 sovs..still not sure about flogging me s4r though.. :o

MitziUK
25-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Well hun, I think it looks cool. (not that I'm biased). ;) An that round headlights makes it look mean. Makes it look rather familiar to another bike from your collections over the years, now just to find which one it reminds me of…..bandit, hhhhhaaaaa harley. :confused: Just needs a spray job to get rid of the glary green and purple…hmmmm mat black perhaps rather than a shiney black cos it will make for an even meaner look? :twisted:

Richy Rich
25-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Just needs a spray job to get rid of the glary green and purple… :twisted:

I wouldn't paint it at all. It's got that, haven't tried to make it cool, don't give a ****, am what I am, race anyone, give it some, lunacy thang just right. You look like you might be the one to carry it off Ogri.

MilesB
25-05-2005, 09:50 AM
..still not sure about flogging me s4r though.. :o
Whatdaya mean flogging it - you only just got it :eek:

What are people like? :confused: You got money to burn? :confused:
Sorry - I just don't understand :(

Miles

MitziUK
25-05-2005, 01:21 PM
..still not sure about flogging me s4r though.. :o

He said he's not sure about flogging it. It's a good bike, better than your normal coffin boxes on wheels and yes I mean the run of the mill ducatis

**** prepares to be bombarded ****** :lol:

MilesB
25-05-2005, 01:35 PM
He said he's not sure about flogging it. It's a good bike, better than your normal coffin boxes on wheels and yes I mean the run of the mill ducatis
Actually I wasn't commenting because it was a Ducati - but because he's only had it a relatively short amount of time. As far as I can tell, OgriUK got the S4R in March this year - that's only 2 months ago!!

For example, when I was getting my bike serviced in mid March, the workshop boys bought a brand new (05 plate) Fireblade into the shop. When I asked why, they explained that it was a part exchange :eek: :confused: - it was less than 2 weeks old and had already been traded in.

What sort of a loss would you make on a deal like that :eek:

Whilst OgriUk is obviously a fairly sensible chap ;) I do have to wonder about anyone who doesn't keep a bike for a reasonable length of time, especially if it is a 'good bike'.

I had a 'bad bike' before my Monster :( - I just couldn't get on with it, but I persevered for 6 months and 4K miles until it knocked my confidence so much that I had to trade it in. I lost a couple of grand over that time, but at least I'd got some use out of it.

How long have you actually had it Ogri? How many miles you done?

Bemused of Maidstone :o

OgriUK
25-05-2005, 02:01 PM
;) :D
i have only had it two months or so and done a thousand miles.
i purposely bought a year old bike at the right price(£6200) with all the bits onnit so that if i did flog it i wouldnt lose much.
so far someone here has offered me £5700 for the bike as standard, whilst someone else here has offered me £450 for the bits, so if i did flog it i wouldnt be too much outta pocket.
i love the bike, and prolly wont sell it,but at the mo igot three bikes and my daughter turns seventeen on sunday and wants a car and driving lessons etc..wanna get her summat decent so if i cant raise the wonga, a bike will go.
cant sell me twelve as ive had it three years and its the best all rounder, so it may be the s4r.
obviously, if i do sell it i will ask for permission on here first, or get a note from me mum... ;) ;) ;) ;)

MilesB
25-05-2005, 02:26 PM
;) :D
i have only had it two months or so and done a thousand miles.
obviously, if i do sell it i will ask for permission on here first, or get a note from me mum... ;) ;) ;) ;)
Glad to hear it ;) :D

Seriously, I do understand that you have your reasons, and as you say you don't really want to sell it - I'm just trying to get my head 'round the facts.

Lets hope you can raise the cash another way, eh?? Good Luck.

Pass on my best wishes to the obviously loved daughter :cool: - Who else would consider selling their Monster in such a cause :eek: ???

steviej
25-05-2005, 04:47 PM
..........my daughter turns seventeen on sunday and wants a car and driving lessons etc.......

You should do wot they did in the past, pay for half a dozen then they're on their own. I sign of the "Wannit here wannit now society". No doubt I'll fall for the same scam in 10 years time meself........ :rolleyes:

OgriUK
25-05-2005, 11:39 PM
shes worth it mate, me an her mum split when she was only one, her mum and me mother in law were pigs about it and never let me see her more than the agreed access but as soon as she was ten the authorities let her decide where she wanted to live an shes been with me since then..
shes a good kid, an i try to be a good dad, same as every body else i guess..
and bugger shes pretty, amazing when you considered who fathered her :D :D takes after her mum in looks but not in temperment thank christ..
shes the blondie, on the left :)

OgriUK
25-05-2005, 11:41 PM
..an back on topic went to see karen tonight on the nine an it was berluddy brilliant..done abot 140 miles since setting off earlier and its running sweet..the s4rs gotta go.. :D ;)

steviej
26-05-2005, 05:59 PM
shes worth it mate..................

Good on yer ar'kid..............

Richard_S
26-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Fear not Paul!

I always appreciate some insight amongst the fodder and the occasional reminder that there are some decent people left in the world.

It is definitely all about having a cheeky one and looking after em.

I’m currently playing the part of the hapless voyeur in a similar kind of a messy break-up and the change in the nippers is too blatant to describe.

Flog it if need be, Jesus will still love ya and you can take Charlotte out anytime :D