PDA

View Full Version : S4R rear hugger

bigredduke
23-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Can anyone recommend a hugger for the s4r? although I am strictly a dry (warm) weather softy, it does seem that the sexy swing arm :cool: and rear shocker spring come in for some punishment from flying stones, miscellaneous debris & (god forbid) melting tar in high summer (if only). whilst I am on the subj. a combined hugger chainguard would be good. The rear chainguard is really horrible cheapo plastic which you have to bend to one side to access the pinch bolts to adjust the chain and it doesn't respond well to such treatment. I have only had the bike for a couple of weeks but I am really smitten. I have fancied a big twin Duke ever since I had a ride on a 900ss in the late 70's and now I've grown up (a bit) my dream has come true. They were always referred to as 'V' twins, but now seem to be named 'L' twins which seems less cool somehow!

Any road up, I am a new member in East Yorkshire so if there are any others in the area let me know and perhaps we can organise a day out. Beverley to Helmsley, then on to Stokesley was always a favourite of mine.

bigredduke
23-05-2005, 10:15 PM
DOH!!!!! I should have checked out the thread for the S2R below. Sorry, I'm new to this kind of thing!

lee1980
23-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Hi welcome

If u got the dough go for the spareshack 2 piece one for max protection. Not sure how much the Dp one is but looks good and has a bit of a gap though to let crap thru :mad:

i love my s4r to :D :D

Emily
25-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Hey Bigredduke!

Have you always lived in Brough? That's where I come from originally you see.........

bigredduke
26-05-2005, 11:12 PM
I actually live in South Cave which has a Brough postcode. We have been in the village for 22 years (so still regarded as newcomers!), before that, Cherry Burton. So l guess I've lived in East Yorks for 35 years. If you're in the area drop in for a cuppa & a chat!

Emily
27-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Aha! Just ooop the road then. I thought I might have known you, but it's looking like I probably don't....

Ah well, if my monster ever makes it that far oooop north I'll meet you in Beverley for a Burgess ice cream......ahhhhh yummy :D

bigredduke
27-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Sod Burgess's
We'll meet in Nellies for a pint! :lol:

S4R Dude
28-05-2005, 09:49 AM
QB Carbon. Excellent product.