PDA

View Full Version : Up before the beak!!

CraigMac
23-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Ive just heard..(Not that its a secret) that Otis Ferry appeared in court today.....no outcome as yet....the trial has only just begun....

I do remember somebody on here saying that he was "Dead cool"...was I hearing things....??

Regards

dean
23-05-2005, 07:28 PM
but, who is otis ferry?, is he any relation to bryan, odd crooner of roxy music.

or is he(somehow) related to the classic berkshire lift maintenance contractor, otis reading?

thanks.

CraigMac
23-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Dean you are quite right and yet wrong....He is the son of Mr B ferry and is appearing at court charges with disorderly conduct after storming the house of commons and putting the ****s up the MPs....None of them are hard you know!!.... Prescott thinks he's hard...handy right, but flawed stamina

Regarding otis lifts....Im led to believe that the headquarters are in Reading and would love the phone them, just to hear the receptionist say.."Otis Reading""....

Regards..

A Yerbury
23-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Despite bbc skivvies having a bit of a jolly today, I did hear this on the news ealier and my ears pricked up (they normally prick up more but alas no Charlotte Greene or Brian "bond villian" Perkins today)

so is hunting with hounds banned now or not? I think it should be probably, as hunting with hounds is a bit old hat these days...what with night vision and so called smart bombs.

cheerios!
Alex.

CraigMac
23-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Alex,
I too miss her voice so much, im sure she would have been keeping the boys happy today as they all stood around a brasier, wearing donkey jackets reading copies of the morning star.....

Actually there is one politician who looks quite handy....David Davies, the tory with a broken nose.... wouldnt fancy a full on tussle with him!!

Regards....

Sophie Raworth.......ohhhh!!

A Yerbury
23-05-2005, 07:52 PM
on radio 3 late junction, perfect....just make sure it is Verity and not the other one, the other one is a bit mumsy and plays a lot of "fiddly dee" music.

If any one has a jpg of Charlotte hurling rocks at the scabs I have cash.

That Davis is a bruiser, he nearly went toe to toe with Paxman?! he must be well hard.

yours with a wonky aerial,
Alex.

ps may have spelt aerial wrong, lashings of horsehair shirt etc etc

CraigMac
23-05-2005, 08:01 PM
I have just found a picture of Charlotte on the BBC site....
Im a little deflated.....Looks a bit like one of the mums at my youngest's school.....Not a dog, by a long chalk....But the voice definatly doesnt fit the face.....I'll never think of her in the same way......which was a bit rude, if im honest!!
Ah well....

A Yerbury
23-05-2005, 08:09 PM
verity fills the frame most well, is that the Charlotte picture with the severe fringe? hmmmm I know what you mean. Perhaps Dean has an image of another Charlotte that could cleanse your mental palete so to speak?

Regards,
Alex.

CraigMac
23-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Alex,
Yes, you have come over the same picture as me.....fnaar....fnaar...!!..

Not that I did that, of course...or was even thinking of it....had Charlotte beena bit of a darling....not that she's a....

Sorry... So Rita ChuckYaButty.....is she fit??...she sounds it.....I cant bring myself to search for a shot of her...just in case!!

Regards

A Yerbury
23-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Francine stock...saucy!.."I'm attracted by the ambiguity that is possible in a novel. I don't like the way in journalism that you have to decide what you think about something immediately…and there are some things that can only be expressed by describing the way someone moves their hands."

what a live wire eh?

and Liz "latino hair" Barclay is a bit special

Alex.

dean
24-05-2005, 12:42 PM
well lads, i dont have a clue what you are talking about, "Francine stock" i think you must be making that up.You guys clearly listen to more eclectic radio channels than me. I listen to spar FM with david "diddy" hamilton (not to be confused with puff daddy). It's always worth popping in to your local spar towards month end as the radio announcer gives out two for one offers.

on a complete digression there is a (i think antipodean) lift maintenance contractor called "schindler's lifts". not quite as famous as otis reading but equally as silly,i feel.

Niel kinnock is a bit of a handful, i am told. he does bare knuckle exhebition fights around the rhondda valley these days. he has recently gone in to cage fighting as it suits his more brutal, ill-disciplined approach. Two jags wouldn last five minutes in the cage, the twat.

nik_the_brief
24-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Apparently the receptionist in the Staines office of Siemens also has problems keeping a straight face when answering the phone. :eek:

nik_the_brief
24-05-2005, 12:50 PM
What time does the beak get up anyway, I was up and about at 6.30 this morning to get to Court in Feltham, I'm sure he'd have still been in bad at that godforsaken time.

Just to keep this thread bike related I went to Court on my Monnie as always...

CraigMac
24-05-2005, 01:34 PM
I dont like to admit this, but we have to go Stateside for the top rumble merchants....Numero Uno has to be the govenor of California....Arnie Shwartzenburger and that other guy, Skint Eastwood who used to be the Mayor of Carmel.
These two have both been in lots of documentaries about how hard they are!!

I know that our Stateside cousins use a bit of poetic licence, when they make these docusoaps, but some of it has to be true.

Im led to believe that Joe Pesci, whose quite a little guy, is running for his local parish council, so that makes him a politician too....and he is dead hard as he used to be in the Mafia....

Regards....

nik_the_brief
24-05-2005, 01:47 PM
... the Mayor of Carmel? Is that the bird that did that album a few years ago - "The Drum is Everything" - More, more, more - what a great song.

Steve Nieve was the keyboard player on Bad Day if I recall correctly.

spacemonkey
24-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Now that Governor Ventura has gone all chubby, he'd be sure to get his sore arse kicked...

A Yerbury
24-05-2005, 02:36 PM
don't right of Jesse "mini gun" Ventura space, those hi falutin wrestling moves are like riding a bicycle or falling off a log, one of the two anyway. Big Mo Mowlem probably knows a few handy choke moves, I reckon she could duff up Portillo "any day of the week"

Alex.

MilesB
24-05-2005, 03:07 PM
I have just found a picture of Charlotte on the BBC site....
Im a little deflated.....Looks a bit like one of the mums at my youngest's school.....Not a dog, by a long chalk....But the voice definatly doesnt fit the face.....I'll never think of her in the same way......which was a bit rude, if im honest!!
Ah well....
I agree - the image and the voice don't really seem to match :(

But what a voice :) - especially doing the Shipping Forecast - Oh Bliss, Oh Joy - or trying to 'keep it straight' on The News Quiz (which has always been far better than the TV version - Have I Got News for You).

abbeyalto
24-05-2005, 07:19 PM
on a complete digression there is a (i think antipodean) lift maintenance contractor called "schindler's lifts". not quite as famous as otis reading but equally as silly,i feel.

Could be antipodean, Dean, but I took this in Spain last December!

dean
24-05-2005, 07:31 PM
i was tempted to ask why you might want to take a photo of such a thing,but i wont.

CraigMac
24-05-2005, 08:00 PM
That shot was not taken in Spain......Thats a transporter door from a Romulan battle cruiser......

How odd!!

Richy Rich
24-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Dean, Dean, Dean,

I'm a regional and even I recognise post modern irony. Don't be fooled into thinking that, that is a casual snap. Note the harsh, uncompromising lighting. That my friend, is barbed social comment. Like your work. Respect. Richy Rich.

spacemonkey
25-05-2005, 06:05 PM
The escy's on the Tube are also made by Schindler's Lifts if you observe.

I reckon they should resurrect Dump Matsumoto (aka The Dump Truck)from Japan for this grudge match. She'd kick Mo's butt....

A Yerbury
25-05-2005, 07:08 PM
they really should bring sumo back, it was ace.

Alex.

nik_the_brief
26-05-2005, 07:35 AM

Alex.

Yep, especially with Brian Blessed doing the commentary, it was compulsory viewing in our household.

Richy Rich
26-05-2005, 10:00 AM

Alex.

Deadly serious and ridiculously funny at the same time. Excellent. Could have been improved a bit if they covered those big guys in lard before the tussle.

spacemonkey
26-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Now could you imagine Prescott, greased up like a pig, in a nappy, going down against Konnishiki? I'd pay good money to watch that!

nik_the_brief
26-05-2005, 10:00 PM
My favourite Rikishi (I think that's what Sumo wrestlers are called) was Terao- the Typhoon. He was one of the smallest guys but his technique was brilliant. :cool: