PDA

View Full Version : Ducati monster rear suspension jack up kits

domskidue
23-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Louigi is selling this now...

http://i20.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/18/88/52_1_b.JPG

Quality machined stainless steel bolts simply screw into your rear 'A' arm replacing the suspension rose joints, which are then screwed into the adapters and refitted into the swing arm.

The rear will rise, min 25mm and more with the rose joint adjusting threads wound out.

Making your bike handle sweet as!

I think they're about £20 :D

Call him on 07775 557797

JMo
23-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Neat idea - for earlier (pre ST frame) Monnys of course...

xxx

domskidue
23-05-2005, 07:15 PM
He's developing a ride height adjuster for the SS models too (with the lay-down type shock)

Danny
23-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Neat idea - for earlier (pre ST frame) Monnys of course...

xxx

So they will fit my 1996 M600 then.....

Being a bit green to all this, how will this effect the ride? and does it make the bike look better?

domskidue
23-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Basically, most people drop the forks through the yokes to quicken up the steering, but Monsters lack ground clearance as it is, so although the bike will turn quicker, it will now drag itself along the floor too.

The idea behind this mod, is that you can keep the forks in the standard position (level with top yoke) and raise the rear, so not only do you quicken the steering, but you now have more ground clearance than before. So it's a double whammy.

We have them fitted to our Desmo Due race bike, and from what I understand they have been flying out the door as soon as Louigi advertised them!

I believe he's making some more up as we speak.

Hope that helps.

Oh he's very friendly, so if you're still unsure, give him a ring, he's quite harmless and a top bloke.

JMo
24-05-2005, 02:15 AM
Hee hee - well, I've managed to lift Smeegal at last!

My 620ie with the steel swingarm doesn't have the ride hight adjuster, and the parts from the 620Sie would cost over £200 (£90 each ball joint - what?!!!) - however, if you get the ball joints from an S2R, they are 'only' £38 each - effectively halving the price of the adjustable rod (the nuts and link rod are the same for all Monsters, including ST2 and ST4)...

So, have lifted the front end to almost flush with the top caps (approx 10mm) and jacked the rear up 25mm (so that's plus 15mm over the Sie) - certainly feels taller - will road test tomorrow and see how it handles...

xxx

A Yerbury
24-05-2005, 08:22 AM
hmm my forks are pulled up about 25mm and I don't have any clearance issues? although whilst hardly a penny farthing type I am not a balls to the wall knees down for a full house type either..non leaky forks (showa not marzo) go on later as do some diablos so weather permitting I will see if I can chew my sils up a bit and avoid serious injury.

Alex.

ps phoenix they are a bit blue arent they?! thanks for running the tyres to the edge honey, I will no longer have to endure chicken strip jibes!

Phoenix
24-05-2005, 04:24 PM
ps phoenix they are a bit blue arent they?! thanks for running the tyres to the edge honey, I will no longer have to endure chicken strip jibes!

The blue will wear off after a short run or 2 - if you do end up with blue chicken strips just lend me your bike for 5 mins and i'll sort it :D :lol:

slob
25-05-2005, 03:11 PM
...will road test tomorrow and see how it handles

well, verdict?

JMo
25-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Wey hey hey - would discribe it pretty well - steers really nicely, you can feel it cutting into each bend, and took it up to 100+ and it seemed dead stable still - mind you, I need a longer sidestand now...

xxx